hiding programs (vista_

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I have a bot that runs on my video game. i want to know how to hide it and stuff using a software. I cannot minimize the software. Which means if my brother or sister is using the comptuer they always close the window and the bot doesn't work. Any tips on how to hide a software? At first I deleted Explorer. exe but they just restarted the comptuer and now my bot doesn't run.

Cliff
- I want to run a software hidden
thanks

Well you definitely don't want to delete Explorer.exe!!!!!!!!!

Explorer.exe is the basics of your Windows GUI! It is responsible for making the icons on the screen, the taskbar, etc, so you definitely DO NOT want to delete it. You can try making two user accounts, go to your profile, open your game server, do a Switch User, then have them log in. Windows would keep your account logged in and your programs running but they would not be able to see or close your programs (unless they're administrators, they could go to Task Manager and end task, but it won't be on the task bar).

Well you definitely don't want to delete Explorer.exe!!!!!!!!!

Explorer.exe is the basics of your Windows GUI! It is responsible for making the icons on the screen, the taskbar, etc, so you definitely DO NOT want to delete it. You can try making two user accounts, go to your profile, open your game server, do a Switch User, then have them log in. Windows would keep your account logged in and your programs running but they would not be able to see or close your programs (unless they're administrators, they could go to Task Manager and end task, but it won't be on the task bar).
Thats a good idea! Thanks. I've never thought of it that way. I'll try it out.

Sometimes doing a switch user wont leave the applications running. They may not stay running since the profile is not active as well.

I'll test in XP and report my findings. User 1 will host an online game server and be an admin account. User 2 will be switched to and see if the server is active or not, also admin account.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it will work. Just setup a user named "stupid" who's also an administrator. I hosted a Jedi Academy server on my username (crossed out in the picture) and then Switch User'ed to stupid. I was able to join that server using LAN play as well as capture this image comparing Task Manager showing current user vs. all users.

IT may work in XP but Vista is different. ;)

I remember just trying to run a torrent in 1 accoutn then switching to another account to check email. Wheni cam back to the original account it had turned everything off.

But it still could work. I think mine didnt cause i use the hidden Admin account.

Maybe the hidden account only stays running if it's an administrator...I'm not sure. All I know is that Vista is full of bugs and it seems like it would do stuff like that. I should try though, our Vista comp already has users, so it's worth a try.

Personally, I run servers, downloads, etc that need a lot of resources on their own computer, then use my laptop or other computer to check email, Internet, or play games, but of course you need more than one computer for that to work.

Well i have Vista installed. But sadly i just dont want to leave Ubuntu to try this. I know that some apps have stayed running for me. Like uTorrent and that. but others have cut off. It is Vista and there are some quirks with it. Espically when some Networking things are involved. The new netowrk stack for Vista operates very differently than XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom