(vista) Sharing printers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
- I'm able to share files.
- I'm not able to share printers ( I can only print in the computer that has the printer attached to it. )
- How do I share my printer so that every computer on my network can print?

I have tried two methods:
- On Microsoft Word, I went to Print > Find Printer then it said a domain wasnt working.
- I manually went to add printer, inputted the server and printer name and it couldnt find the printer

Start>Control Panel>Network & Internet>Network & Sharing Center>Turn on Printer Sharing. It is off by default. Do this on the PC that has the Printer hooked up to it. That should allow you to print to it.

Then you have not hooked up the 2nd PC to the first thru the network. Cause if you have then you would be able to print. Copy the file over to a shared folder then print it from the first.

Something has to be wrong with your network. Cause i just did it with Vista and Ubuntu.

vista will eventually recognize it, when it wants to. it just won't recognize it when you want it too. I had this exact problem. I couldn't figure it out, then one day when I had forgot about the whole situation, vista decided to recognized the printer after a random reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom