Monitor goes blind plus hard disk problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jibendra

Beta member
i have a intel core2duo e6600 2.4 ghz, 1 GB RAM, intel 945gz motherboard, 160 gb hdd. whenever i run the game Torrente 3 the monitor goes blind, i can hear the sound of the game but nothin on the monitor, when i quit the game (alt+ f4) the monitor comes back to life. Why is this. my friend has a pentium 4, 256 ram and no graphics card but the game works well.

second problem
when i try to install age of empire 3 on my computer, it shows error that says it can't copy certain file because it cannot access the file in the drive it is being copied. but the same dvd installs the game perfectly in my friends computer. so help me guys

I'd say the game is set to a resolution or refresh rate that your monitor/graphics card can not handle. Re-installing the game should fix it.

Your DVD drive might be dirty, or just doesn't work well. Try a different IDE cable, or a different drive.

you could try using command lines. to do this right click on the shortcut to the game, go to proporties, then go to where it says Target (it'l look like C:\program files\Torrente) or whatever the file extension is, and go to the end of that, then copy this in. (space included) -safemode
that should run it at default mode for res and everything. that should let you change stuff then.

thanks to you two who posted an "answer" but it didn't work
i did copy it to target like this
"D:\Program Files\Torrente 3\Torrente3.exe" -safemode
but i still have the same problem
com on i really want to play the game

and what abou the aoe III problem, don't you guys know anyhing about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom