How to keep WinXP really fast & stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: How to keep WinXP really fast & stable

also just on a side note, how did you get your windows theme like that? I really like the way it looks. Also, what is Incred?

Im not sure that you saw my last post. I was just wondering how did you get your windows theme like that? I really like the way it looks. Also, what is Incred?

incredimail. a nice program to check your email.

run this so you can use any theme that you want without having to pay a 3rd party to do it

UXTheme Multi-Patcher 4.0.exe

then get you some themes and copy them to your C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes folder

you can now access them

thanks for the good resources. Its well appreciated :D

Just making sure, but when i installed the patch for the themes it said that i should insert my windows xp cd with sp2 to restore files that were changed... I should just cancel that alert correct? Also, where is a good site to get some nice looking themes

Just making sure, but when i installed the patch for the themes it said that i should insert my windows xp cd with sp2 to restore files that were changed... I should just cancel that alert correct? Also, where is a good site to get some nice looking themes

yes cancel that alert otherwise xp won't let you use themes except for theirs. I forget the many websites that you can get them from. other people here know. torrents are a good spot too.

incredimail. a nice program to check your email.

run this so you can use any theme that you want without having to pay a 3rd party to do it

UXTheme Multi-Patcher 4.0.exe

then get you some themes and copy them to your C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes folder

you can now access them

Is there a way to add this functionality to the XP install disc, so it comes default like that when you install?

Here is a good site, but be careful, this site is full of spyware:
XP Themes, Vista Themes, XP Logins, XP Boot Screens, Desktop Themes, Wallpapers, Screensavers

Here are some helpful hints for getting themes from this web page:
- Never, ever, never, never, download and run a .exe file from this site.
- Many of the themes come in self-extracting exe files (that also extract spyware). To get around this, start the download, and if it's an exe cancel it in mid-download, and try again. Eventually it will offer you a safe zip file instead.
- Don't use any of their software to install 'themes', or 'boot screens'. All of it can be done manually. In their how-to instructions they give you the manual way for most things. Some things (like themes) they say can only be installed using their software: They're lying.

Is there a way to add this functionality to the XP install disc, so it comes default like that when you install?

Here is a good site, but be careful, this site is full of spyware:
XP Themes, Vista Themes, XP Logins, XP Boot Screens, Desktop Themes, Wallpapers, Screensavers

Here are some helpful hints for getting themes from this web page:
- Many of the themes come in self-extracting exe files (that also extract spyware). To get around this, start the download, and if it's an exe cancel it in mid-download, and try again. Eventually it will offer you a safe zip file instead.
- Don't use any of their software to install 'themes', or 'boot screens'. All of it can be done manually. In their how-to instructions they give you the manual way for most things. Some things (like themes) they say can only be installed using their software: They're lying.

yeah, you can enable it in nlite

Still keep a small page file on the original c: drive. According to M$, xp cannot create a dump file (memory.dmp) for debugging if there is no page file on C: So what I have is a 10 mb page file on my C: drive and a 3 gig one on my other hard drive. Windows will automatically use the larger one, because it's on a less accessed partition.

M$ page file optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom