Computer Keeps Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc1212

Baseband Member
I just got a new customized computer. Generally, it works fine, but there is one fatal, annoying problem with it; It keeps crashing. I don't think it's the RAM, but I suspect it's the video card. 95% of the time, it crashes in a game with high-requirements (in this case, Half-Life 2) while its saving. The other 5% it crashes at random in the game itself. It doesn't crashes while its on the desktop or while it's idling, so that's why I suspect it's the video card.

Please help. Here are the system requirements if you need them:

Intel Pentium 2.0GHz processor
512 MB DDR2 AGP ATI RADEON X1650 PRO Video Card
1 GB DDR RAM
40 GB hard drive (crappy, I know)

Also, could temperature be a factor? My video card is at 49ºC...

Does it crash in ANY game with high requirements or JUST Half-Life 2? If it's JUST HL2 then maybe HL2 installed wrong or something. Try a 3d benchmark like 3DMark 2007 and see if it crashes when 3dMark tries pushing the card to its limit. Try other 3d benchmarks and games as well. If it's JUST HL2, then reinstall HL2 and try again.

CALC:

No, it just doesn't crash in Half-Life. It crashes in pretty much all high-req. games... particular while or after it's saving. And where can I get that 3Dmark?

SYL:

How do I check my CPU temp?

either in BIOS or Software *If Hardware supports software temp monitoring

BIOS- restart pc, start pressing DEL or F1 or whatever your mobo supports, go to advance, Hardware Monitoring , .........

It's at 43ºC... is that good? It may actually be the RAM. I'll check it and get back to you.

No blue screen of death. it just shuts off. And I've come to the conclusion that it's not the RAM.

power supply failure maybe... maybe under full load it reaches to much for you psu to handle.. what kinda power supply you got running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom