FSB limit of a Asus A8n-e motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know the fsb limit of a asus a8n-e motherboard? I had a thread a while back about how I could run 1.2v @2.8ghz with 45c but no matter what couldn't get past 2.8ghz and I was told it was probably the limit of my cpu.
But it just dawned on me that my last cpu couldn't get past 280fsb either and my ram is fine with the 3/5 divider I'm using. So I was thinking maybe its my mobo thats holding me back.

Could that be it? Does anyone know the fsb limit of my motherboard?
And is a 3/5 ram divider ok with a skt939 x2 3800?

Could be very likely....if I remember correctly there were not many boards that could do over 300fsb...so a 280fsb limit sounds about right.

And if you have PC3200 ram then 3/5 is too small of a divider. That would put your ram at 168mhz which is significantly underclocked.

See I've been wondering if that divider was ok because it seemed low. But when I first overclocked my last cpu a bunch of people told me that was fine on a amd. Dang I really wish I had just waited a little longer and gone am2 or c2d with ddr2 ram because this ram will only go to 220mhz.

I think I have it at 3x. Should I try 2x to see if it allows me to OC higher? Would setting the HT to 2x be ok?

I was just hopeing there was a way to get more fsb out of my mobo. I'm sure this cpu can go higher since it runs cool and with low voltage.

Honestly I can't even remember if I had that option in my mobo. I'll have to check when I get home later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom