Dont send everywhere, rar doesnt work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuvins

Solid State Member
hi,
lately i encountered a problem, all rar archives, and anything that needs extraction does work, it say's that the file is corrupted or damaged, but if you extract a and while extracting you open it with vlc (so it couldnt be automaticly deleted after rar extraction finishes) it plays fine.. furthemore programs like skype often crashes (dont send error) after 10 minutes of runing, but if youre talking on skype you can talk untill you press dont send, then the program closes (i know it shuold do that). i tried reinstalling windows two times, got the latest drivers from nvidia(driveragent says all the drivers are good), tried the old ones from the cd, nothing seems to help.. what could it be? i dont know what info do you need more so tell me i will gladly post it. and sorry if my english is bad :eek:

So it is just rar archives or can you run any executable files?? Do since you say skype is installed it doesnt sound like the executables are corrupted. So it could be that the rar files are.

HAve you run a virus scan, malware scan, or anything like that?

anything that needs extraction, i tried install nero vision and there was extraction process so i ran it again a few times and it worked, but when installing began (coping of new files i thing) dont send error apeard. i have instaled windows today, formated disc and stuff.. so i dont think its a virus.. but ill scan now.

no virus, malware found.. now its hard to search the net for info becouse every 5 minutes dont send error appears..

maybe my windows instalation is bad.. or somethings wrong with hardware. yeah i ran that thing and no error were found, and problems werent solved..

is it possible that my rams are not compatible with the rest of the hardware and are cousing this problem?

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Download and run that overnight. If there are errors with the RAM that will tell you. Also use CPUz to find the make and Model of your motherboard. From there use CPUz to see if the RAM you have installed is the right kind. Also going to Crucial.com might do that for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom