680i... which one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i've been doing a little reading on the physx card on XS.. nothing in the near future... imay just wait out until the pci-e x1 versions come out

I think right now the 680i is gonna be your best value.... A lot of people can get 3.7 and 3.8ghz using air w/ q6600's

Have you decided what cooler you are going to get for your cpu?

Newegg.com - ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

i think i may be getting this 650i.. buying it offa someone on XS... asked him about voltage's and fsb's and what not.. and i think it should do just fine in wanting to achieve 445 fsb for 4ghz... he's offer 140.. and thats a really nice price, and comes with some nice sounds as well... both pci run at x16 in sli and that was a big concern... so i'm perfectly okay w/ this mobo.. i have no need for 3/4 pci-e slots... and this has that nice onboard audio... so i can still shove a physx card if need be... and even if i want to use an x-fi... its got 2 available pci slots even if i used sli

and as for cooler.... for the first lil bit i may use stock cooler.. but as of now... i'm checking out danger den to see what kinda watercooling i can get for a range of about 200 dollars.. i just want a simple loop of only the CPU.. so i should be able to get something good for 200 buks

so my compy should be living by the date of dec. 2 .... still got a bit of time.. but it'll be totally worth it!!!!! i may end up buying a Thermalright or Tuniq though.. because i can't wait to get to oc'ing..... i've been doing lots of reading on gtx overclocking.. and Ultra BIOS' forthe 8800gtx.... and i'm hoping w/ 1 card to achieve high 15,000 in 3dmark

what do you mean by, what i can get??

i get the satisfaction of building an awesome computer.. and one that'll finally put me to rest... because the previous computers i have build.. i kinda half assedly done it to cut cost and get it done sooner... but this time i'm taking my time... and willing to spend more... and w/ the watercooling.. thats tough.. its either i get watercooling for cpu near end of december.. or get that 2nd gtx... we'll see how things go

1 thing i'm uuber excited about.. is ripping off this ol' AMD FX sticker.. and slapping on a Core 2 Quad sticker... putting on them stickers always gave me this chill filling inside!! like when i shoved on the Core 2 Duo stick on when i first had my e6600 long ago!

ahh, just realized i may have a lil extra money... i just needa make a few extra bucks doin some sidework graphic designing.. and butter up the verizon people i do graphics for... and i can order that p5n32 sli before i get my 8800gtx!!!! so i may be firing up this computer by this weekend... crazinessss.... i'm praying!!! if not this weekend.. then at least before thanks giving

does the 650i overclock like the 680i?

and won't the performance of the 650i in SLi be a little less because of the x8... i doubt its noticable... but knowing Nosboost.. he wants the best..

I don't think the difference between 680i and 650i is big. It's mostly features, such as more USB and SATA ports, or dual gigabit LAN.

And from my personal experience with the 650i, it overclocks well. Just as good as the 680i.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom