Overclocking the q6600 on the P35 DS3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently trying to OC the same CPU with the same mobo.

I'm running at 3.2 at the moment but recieving errors within seconds of a prime95 stress test. I followed this guide Overclocking Quads on Gigabyte P35-DS3R - Page 2 - Guru3D.com Forums apart from setting my system memory multiplier (SPD) to 2.

My rig:

Corsair modular 550w PSU
P35 DS3R Mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Energy Efficient 95W edition
Crucial 1GB DDR2 PC2-6400/800MHz CL4-4-4-12 Ballistix 2.2V (x2)

Any help would be appreciated as I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing :D. As I said, my Bios is pretty much equal to that of the link provided with the exception of my RAM settings as I'm scared of melting my sticks lol.

I'm running at 3.2 at the moment but recieving errors within seconds of a prime95 stress test. I followed this guide Overclocking Quads on Gigabyte P35-DS3R - Page 2 - Guru3D.com Forums apart from setting my system memory multiplier (SPD) to 2.

My rig:

Corsair modular 550w PSU
P35 DS3R Mobo

Any help would be appreciated as I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing :D. As I said, my Bios is pretty much equal to that of the link provided with the exception of my RAM settings as I'm scared of melting my sticks lol.

Wow thanks for the link that is helpful, also thanks to the rest for answering my questions. I don't see a northbridge/southbridge voltage control thought Sora, is that the (G) MCH overvoltage control?

My rig:

Corsair modular 550w PSU
P35 DS3R Mobo

Oh yeah forgot to mention that I'm also using the Tuniq Tower :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom