future of intel p4s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icedragon said:
What? You told me to go with NW on that other thread!

Yes i did.

The statement meant they stop making new stuff for Northwoods. And Intel is probably planning on making the Prescott the flagship chip.

well then they better fix them runing hot, becasue i sure won't buy it the way they are.

How about reducing the pipelines and increasing L1 cache for the Northwoods while retaining the same clock speeds.(Just like AMD).
I think Intel should work on this.

Northwoods are gone, Tejas is dead and Prescott is bleak:confused:

Intel has realized its failure and now is pressing ahead with development for dual core CPU's, hoping to get one up on AMD once more:confused: Also they will continue pushing the Pentium M's and likely use that architecture for future desktop CPU's:confused: I think the first Dual core CPU will be a Prescott and likely in 2005:confused:

The Merlin said:
Northwoods are gone, Tejas is dead and Prescott is bleak:confused:

Intel has realized its failure and now is pressing ahead with development for dual core CPU's, hoping to get one up on AMD once more:confused: Also they will continue pushing the Pentium M's and likely use that architecture for future desktop CPU's:confused: I think the first Dual core CPU will be a Prescott and likely in 2005:confused:

That's the same thing i was thinking . Intel should use the Pentium M for desktop CPUs . Is the Pentium M's architechture in any way similiar to an AMD processor's archtechture , ie : lower clock speed and more ipc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom