Assembling PC, NEED HELP! plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxkrnxstylezxx

In Runtime
im building my first AMD pc, i have a NF7-s motherboard and AMD 2800+ Barton and the heatsink and fan that came with the retail package...i put in the CPU fine, but i cant put in the motherboard. I got 1 side but the side where i'm suppose to push down on, it wont go in any farther and i dont wanna push it too hard. On the manual the metal thing is bent in the middle but i cant seem to do that. Here are som pics

DSC04410.jpg

DSC04409.jpg

DSC04407.jpg

as seen on the last pic, i cant bring it down any further...am i suppose to bend the metal somehow? can you please describe how I'm suppose to do this? THANKS

The metal clip is actually a type of "spring". Take a small screw driver and very carefully, where the lip sticks out (reference last pic), press down with the tip of the screw driver. It will take some force but it should snap onto the ZIF Socket clips (the three white extrusions).

Let us know if you have any other questions. You can do this, don't be scared. Goodluck.

hmm...mine is not like a spring at all...its like straight metal bar...and on the instructions, theirs was bent like a spring, but not mine....i already tried with alot of force but it wouldnt budge, here some pics

DSC04411.jpg

DSC04412.jpg

DSC04413.jpg

as you can see in the first picture, the instructions has a bent one, like a spring...but look at mine, they are just perfectly straight. i dun think it'll budge, i dont wanna break the cpu

could you attatch those pictures to a reply, i cant see them. I also had some problems with a mobo like that...plz attatch so i can look at them.

When using the flathead screw driver trick mentioned above I always have a piece of paper folded up a few times below to prevent scratching the board when you slip.

Flathead screw driver works a charm, I always use one. Just slide the flathead screw driver in the lip and push down and pull the clipi out slightly so that it slides over the white clips.

AMD do a good example... try to find.

lol, i know. they should make a hs that take minimal force to put it on...unless they already have.

ive had this problem... but see im very impatient... so i got to the point to where i got pissed and i just pushed n pulled as much n hard as i could and the damn thing went in... lol... just keep messin with it.. and u do have to push real hard down on it... cuz on mine u have to!! just when u get the one side on that u can, just pull the other side over as far as u can to get as much slack as possible and just push it down over the hook things and it should clip on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom