can't access new formatted partition!?!?! ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowit

Solid State Member
hello
this should be simple to fix but i am not able: hope you can help me

i have a 320 GB Hard Disk divided into 2 partitions each of (about) 150 gb.

the first one is NTFS primary and has XP running on it.
from this XP i formatted the second one as NTFS primary, but when i double click on it in windows explorer i get "access denied"

in its properties i read: Filesystem = RAW (shouldnt it be ntfs??)

i tried to format the second partition twice, but i got the same thing.
is this because i set is as primary, like the first one?

Download GParted and use that to format the partition.

Download GParted and use that to format the partition.

Way to fail... you didn't even ask the dude any questions... lol

Knowit... are you formatting via Windows or a 3rd party app? We can fix this via the Windows Drive Management tool... no need to download any horsecrap.

Why ASK QUESTIONS when GPArted will format it and work no matter the OS. Be it Windows or Linux or even OS X. Way to put your foot in your mouth.

GParted is not horsecrap it is one of the best if not the best formatting tools out there. Putz. Ask EricB or even Warez they will agree. No kindly crawl back to your corner.

Why ASK QUESTIONS when GPArted will format it and work no matter the OS. Be it Windows or Linux or even OS X. Way to put your foot in your mouth.

GParted is not horsecrap it is one of the best if not the best formatting tools out there. Putz. Ask EricB or even Warez they will agree. No kindly crawl back to your corner.

Actually, I rarely put my foot in my mouth when it comes to what I know what I'm talking about. You never even asked what app within the OS he was using, you just assume that what you are using is superior. Perhaps he is in a business environment and can't install 3rd party applications?? This is why you need to ask questions in order to assess the true situation... not just what you think is best. EricB and Warez don't even need to be involved in the conversation... if you need people to "Back you up" in your recommendation, then you just straight up don't need to be recommending anything to anyone. I don't need anyone to back me up... why? because I know the process and I know how to deal with situations and not just recommend a 3rd party piece of software when it's not needed.

Way to put your foot in your mouth.

Ok, I'll accept this as a "way to fail" compromise...

Ok, here you feel the need to personally attack me... I don't know why...

No kindly crawl back to your corner.

Again, the personal attack. This isn't a playground. I based my opinion of your failure at a reply with a good explanation. Now, why do you feel the need to attack me twice without backing yourself up? Are you upset? Need a hug?

GParted is a LiveCD. No need to isntall it. So it can run just about anywhere that has a CD ROM. Why do i need to back up what i recommend? Jsut cause you dont know of hte software it has to be inferior? I dont think so. Use Google and you will find that GParted is the best formatting tool out there. I only said EricB and Warez because maybe you would have a little respect for those of us who put our time in the Windows forums and help out. Not just come around and make snide remarks about other people posts.

If you have such a problem with my remark why are you not in many of the topic after Eric who does the same thing??? Why did you single me out????

Your right this isnt a playground. So when you start to act more mature and show some respect to those of us who are here answering questions all the time maybe then i will respect your reamrks about a little more info.

But i will say the same thing as i do to many people. Use Google. I am not the only person who thinks GParted is the best out there. How have i not backed myself up? I have already stated it is a LiveCD. No need for any install. I have already said it can format to any file system out there. Which is way more than Disk Management can. which if you would have read he already tried.

from this XP i formatted the second one as NTFS primary, but when i double click on it in windows explorer i get "access denied"

in its properties i read: Filesystem = RAW (shouldnt it be ntfs??)

i tried to format the second partition twice, but i got the same thing.

So if trying to format twice within Windows has failed why not offer something which WORKS???? So again i ask why you singled me out and why you think a applicaiton which can do so much more than a simple little format, which apparently Windows couldnt do, to be so wrong???

No i am not upset. No i dont need a hug. I need people like you to buy a clue and stop trying to slam those of us who are giving our time to helping out others. Yeah so i get another warning. Ohh. I get a Ban. Ohh. But the truth is i have helped way more people around here and dont hang out in the Off Topic area.

I'm not trying to slam you... again, you assume too much. I know what GParted is, as well as many other LiveCDs I use when I need to script Perl in Unix rather than in Windows to run them faster. I'm not trying to whip my ePenis out and compare it to yours. I simply think that you took a worse approach... The original poster can fix the problem without download anything... period.

No i am not upset. No i dont need a hug. I need people like you to buy a clue and stop trying to slam those of us who are giving our time to helping out others. Yeah so i get another warning. Ohh. I get a Ban. Ohh. But the truth is i have helped way more people around here and dont hang out in the Off Topic area.

Ummm, you know NOTHING about me... clearly. I hang out there for reasons you will never understand ... and another thing that you didn't know but assume... I am NO LONGER A MOD of any sort. I asked the admin to remove me. again, you assume....

I am assuming nothing. I am merely stating what i know.

1. He installed this Hard drive and installed XP on it. Clearly this istn a business PC. Cause all this would have been done by IT people.

2. He tried twice to format within Windows already. Disk Management will do nothing since it will format the same exact way that formatting by right clicking on the drive or double clicking on the drive formats.

So there for i had to go to 3. GParted. A 3rd party application that can format the drive since all ways within Windows will not work.

So you show me how he can format within in Windows. This has nothing to do with a e*****. this has nothing to do at all like that. There is no way you can. Disk Management and every other way has failed to format. There is no other way unless you install Partition Magic or Acronis. GParted is the most simple solution.

Now do you understand why i stated GParted? No do you understand that there is no solution within Windows that will work? I read his post clearly and by him saying it failed twice trying a 3rd time with the same software will get him no where. GParted is the best solution and best answer for this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom