Cheap, cheap video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I'm still looking for a video card for my girlfriend's computer. She'll be playing no games ever, only word processing, internet surfing, etc. What would be something really really cheap, as in $50 or less?

usually the ATI made ones are better but when you get an asus made one or another brand they can have better heatsinks and fans. That one doesn't even have a heatsink. That would scare me.

What else would she do perhaps watch dvds ? Then would you perfer a DirectX 7 or 8 card ? Also what OS s she running and how much memory is in the computer ?

She's got 512 MB RAM, an Athlon XP 2800+, and is running Windows XP home. She'll be watching DVDs and doing some photo editing with her new digital camera. I just saw an ad for Best Buy that had a PNY GeForce FX 5200 for $49.99 after mail in rebates. Would that be a good deal? Is PNY a good manufacturer, or would I be wasting my money with something that would break down?

I would recommend a 9200 instead , but its sort of hard to find plain old 9200s . All you can find for under $50 are sucky 9200SEs .

EDIT: That 5200from BestBuy is a good deal . That's one of very few good prices I've seen from BestBuy .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom