My build I've been thinking about. Advice=good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everyone here loves the Gigabyte p35 but if u want sli and overclockability and the best of the best its Asus Striker Extreme FTW oh yea btw i dont think mixing diffrent rams togeather is such a good idea go with the crucial balistix i got kingston but im going to sell them soon and get the crucial balistix tracers.

I appreciate the advice on the hard drives, but I haven't heard any other opinions about the 7200.10 drives. Anyone else have any experience? And does the RPM really only effect windows boot time and program loading? What does RAID and HD cache affect?

Well everyone here loves the Gigabyte p35 but if u want sli and overclockability and the best of the best its Asus Striker Extreme FTW oh yea btw i dont think mixing diffrent rams togeather is such a good idea go with the crucial balistix i got kingston but im going to sell them soon and get the crucial balistix tracers.
tracers are ballistix with leds no other difference you know that right?
and the striker extreme isnt uberly better than other 680i boards....for an extra $100

I appreciate the advice on the hard drives, but I haven't heard any other opinions about the 7200.10 drives. Anyone else have any experience? And does the RPM really only effect windows boot time and program loading? What does RAID and HD cache affect?
I have four 7200.10 drives (320GB + 3x750GB). And I have a 74GB Raptor.

the raptor is noticably faster. Not hugely, but noticably.
the 7200.10 drives are pretty fast though.

my PC was always the first to load games such as C&C3, BF2 at the LAN's I went to.

By fast do you mean in overall performance, or does it only effect program load time?
Depends on the program, and whether it has to constantly access the hard drive.

Also, if you have to use paging file, having a faster hard drive will be of bigger benifit.
But, I use 2GB RAM on XP, so I've disabled paging file.

I just have Windows and my installed programs on my Raptor, and store everything else on my other drives. Including CD and DVD images of all my games.

Do you know of any examples of programs that access the hard drive a lot? I use everything from games of all kind, to rendering pictures etc. in Photoshop and Illustrator CS3.

Also, what is a paging file exactly?

i don't think he wants to blow 400$ on a board... If you go with a 680i based board.. it has to be the MSI Diamond because of the built in X-Fi audio or the Abit 680i or get the XFX or eVGA 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom