dvd burner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I have a sony dvd burner that does dvd+r and -r and I used to burn my dvd movies with no problem using my dvd x copy gold program. Now when i try and burn a movie i get a message saying error reading sectors cannot read disc. Is this caused by my software or my burner. I dont know what the problem is because it used to work perfectly fine and now it never works at all.

That sounds like a poor quality DVD... but seeing as though you said it doesn't work "at all".

Reinstall the software, Burning Software and DVD Drive software - because thats the easiest to do.

Seeing as though it "used to work perfectly fine" then it sounds to me like a DVD hardware problem.

Can u still burn the other movies? If so, maybe its a new copy protection being used by the industry? It may also be a dual layered DVD you are trying to copy.

i havent tried burning dvds that i know i was able to burn before so i should try that but i have reinstalled the software and that didnt help. plus all dvds you buy are dual layer but we can still burn them because the software compresses the files to fit on a single layer dvd disc so that shouldnt be a problem.

older DVD's were actually a single layer, however most new ones are dual, you are correct. Check the black list, maybe copy prot.

Still having problems burning. Doesnt seem to be able to burn any discs now. Always comes up with an error saying disc read error unable to read sectors. Someone please help this really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom