Will a 500W PSU be sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only decent thermaltake power supplies are the Toughpower series...I'd steer clear of the 500w.

I suggest a corsair HX520w. Will handle anything you throw at it...and hardware is only getting more efficient. Power requirements are going to go down with time.

The corsair 550vx or 520hx will suit all of your power needs unless you are trying to run dual ultras. All cpu's and video cards are going DOWN in power requirements at this point. Also both of the corsair psu's have over 80% efficiency and tons of amps on the 12V rail/rails.

You seem to know a lot about power supplies. What do you suggest?

I have no specific preference on power supplies. (So long as you don't buy a crap brand)
Though, I Personnely will only buy from the following Brand Names.
PC Power and cooling
Etasis
Seasonic
Corsair
Silverstone

Though I suggest you look through the power supply guide in my signature. You can buy "virtually" purchase any power supply from the pool of brand names in that thread.

You probably have never heard of Etasis, because you hear everybody recommending and suggesting Corsair, FSP, Silverstone, PC P & C, etc...the popular brands.

I've read some reviews on them, and they're actually quite good. Very stable on their rails, with little fluctuations. But seeing that it has an 80mm fan cooling itself, it might be a little noisy.

Those models are very high wattage though, and you would rarely if ever, need that kind of power for your average high end desktop. Except if you have tons of peripherals such as hard drives, and I mean a lot. And there are better or cheaper buys for that price, that the Etasis is offered. But Etasis is great if someone were to buy one.

I have no specific preference on power supplies. (So long as you don't buy a crap brand)
Though, I Personnely will only buy from the following Brand Names.
PC Power and cooling
Etasis
Seasonic
Corsair
Silverstone

Though I suggest you look through the power supply guide in my signature. You can buy "virtually" purchase any power supply from the pool of brand names in that thread.
Actually, I was referring to wattage and amount of 12v rails and such. What do you suggest?

Anything with a Continious output of 480 to 550 Watts will be more than enough.. As for Amperage, an amperage of at least 32 Amps over combined 12V rails..

You probably have never heard of Etasis, because you hear everybody recommending and suggesting Corsair, FSP, Silverstone, PC P & C, etc...the popular brands.

I've read some reviews on them, and they're actually quite good. Very stable on their rails, with little fluctuations. But seeing that it has an 80mm fan cooling itself, it might be a little noisy.

Those models are very high wattage though, and you would rarely if ever, need that kind of power for your average high end desktop. Except if you have tons of peripherals such as hard drives, and I mean a lot. And there are better or cheaper buys for that price, that the Etasis is offered. But Etasis is great if someone were to buy one.

for 90$ i think its pretty good.. but I'll stick to recommending the normal brands from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom