CPU Usage 100% Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
try this!

Use Diskeeper Professional. Its a hard disk defragmentation prog which werks much better than the one that's built in.

Clear your browser history, cookies, temp files etc. Then do a Disk Cleanup. Then install spybot search and destroy to eliminate spyware.

Then install diskeeper to defragment your hard disks. Then restart yer com n hope its faster. You can find all the required progs in download.com and some other websites.

diskeeper

i got a copy of da full version. if u got MSN mssenger or sumthing, i can send it 2 u. its abt 18MB.

hey dude i was having the same problem ..!! but could you tell me if its your explorer thats taking the cpu to like 100% or any other application.... you can check it in the processes tab in the task manager ...... if it is the explorer that is taking all your cpu then get mcafee 8.0 ...... !!!!!! there r some memory viruses around which norton does not detect ..... or ne other w32.pate is one of them and there is another w32/zafi.b@mm so be carefull...!!

Thanks for all the replies. I have two HD running in my computer, one is 80 GB and the other one is 120GB, both of them 7200rpm.
The 80 GB has several partitions, the system file resides on a partition that is 20 GB.

I have ad-ware 6.0 and have deleted all the spyware programs on my computer, and my computer is still slow.

Vnet said:
hey dude i was having the same problem ..!! but could you tell me if its your explorer thats taking the cpu to like 100% or any other application.... you can check it in the processes tab in the task manager ...... if it is the explorer that is taking all your cpu then get mcafee 8.0 ...... !!!!!! there r some memory viruses around which norton does not detect ..... or ne other w32.pate is one of them and there is another w32/zafi.b@mm so be carefull...!!

If my computer got infected by memory virus, then memory suppose be the one that has 100% usage, not the CPU. Correct me if I am wrong.

Make sure you disable "System Restore" within Windows XP before running any Spybot or Adware programs.

Also you have a Dell, thats usually a problem in its own right.

Kangaroo said:
Make sure you disable "System Restore" within Windows XP before running any Spybot or Adware programs.

Also you have a Dell, thats usually a problem in its own right.

so r u saying "Dell computer" sucks? What is the best desktop around? IBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom