e6300 overclock IRRITATION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
I am currently running 471MHz FSB with my setup (specs in sig) with 1.4V to the processor.

Now if I want to go to 475MHz FSB, it is totally unstable. I up my chipset voltages (NB by 0.15V, SB by .1 V, SB I/O by 0.2V and FSB by 0.1 V) I would say thats substantial. I also up my vCore from 1.4 to 1.475V, still unstable. I am sure its not my RAM because its running at something like 8-8-8-24 (i did this to count out it being my RAM that was not up to scratch)

Is this a FSB hole problem? Or will my mobo just not go any further, despite the voltages I use?

4MHz more should be surely obtainable through so much more voltage I would have thought?

Thanks.

8x multi locked im guessing? Thats a lot of FSB, its possible that you have just maxxed out what the board can handle.

8x multi locked im guessing? Thats a lot of FSB, its possible that you have just maxxed out what the board can handle.

Stock is 7. I can move it down to 6 in the BIOS.

Drop the multi to 6x and push up the FSB to see if it's the mobo or CPU that's holding you back.

Okay I will try that now. I hope I can get the 500MHz FSB that im craving for.

yea I have sort of had the same problem with my setup please tell me what you find out so I can apply it.

Well I think that its the mobo. I tried to get 3GHz with the 6 multi and it didnt POST, although I can get 3.3 with a 7 multi with the same volts.

This means that its the mobo, correct?

The fact that itsalso unstable with a 475MHz FSB on a 6 multi confirms that its the board.

Ya thats kind of what i figured it was. Very few boards can run much past 470 stable on the FSB.

Hey Vanish , i thought I would reply since we have the same CPU.
My FSB is at : 443 = 3.1ghz. I gotta test it out today. My RAM is at
4-4-4-15.

I run at 400 x9. I havent bothered lowering the multi to find what my max FSB is, but i have managed a 3.8ghz OC but the temps were really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom