Fixed up the rat's nest that was my Antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks all

The top mounted rad doesn't really look like it works too well in that case..

I would like to see the uv cathode out of plain sight. kinda distracting...

have you ever thought of trying to mount it to the rear?
Think of it like an investment, every time you replace the tubing thats 2 less feet you need to buy. And if you use tygon @ 3 or so a foot, thats 6 bucks every time! :p

Random tangent, what pump is that?

Yes the rad will be going on the rear once I figure out how to mount it...and the other visible cathode will go up top but I need to lengthen some wires first.

As for the pump, that's a Thermaltake P400 pump...actually one of the only decent things in the thermaltake kit I had. However I am waiting on a MCW60 in the mail and I don't know how well the system is going to perform with the p400 pump because it's only rated for 2.1m....

so I have just purchased a DDC2 18w with a res and OClabs plexitop...so it will be nice to have that in there. :D

Thanks for the input.

This is a stupid question, but now, are the cables that you put through the drilled holes all sticking out of the side of the case?

Like Blitersety said, there's a gap in between the mobo tray and case side so the wires are packed in between the space there.

anyways, nice touch, but is that black pad thing on the insides of the case really necessary? Wouldnt that soak up more heat? I know it's watercooled, but still i would be worried if i were u.

The black stuff isn't necessary no, but it gives it a more finished look and helps protect the wires (and my hands) from some sharpish edges from drilling the mobo tray holes.

And no it doesn't soak up more heat...it's called Akasa Paxmate and is specifically designed for case interior lining.

Well for looks actually, I wanted to see the little spinning impellar and stuff :p From the reviews I saw both the Alphacool, Oclabs, and Petra all perform very close to eachother (petra on top)...

Anyway I already have an Oclabs rev.2 top here but the DDC i bought is coming with an alphacool top. The OClabs looks much better but in reviews the alphacool performs slightly better. I'll probably end up selling the alphacool top to get some of my money back.

We'll see, if there is any noticeable difference between these tops it can't be more than a few 10ths of a celsius at best.

Also I have a question.

Sometimes my room temperature can vary as much as 10c...yet this doesn't ever seem to have an effect on my processor temperature.

Does this mean the limiting factor(s) are my CPU block and pump, rather than the radiator?

because I am currently using an EK wave that is pretty dated...would like to upgrade to a Fuzion or Apogee GT (and obviously the pump will be upgraded to the DDC+top as soon as it arrives)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom