Case temp too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrookedPinkies

Baseband Member
I just got a Dynapower? case form Newegg.com ($30.00) and it has a built in temp reader on the front of the case. It says the case is about 80.0 degreese F to 85.5 degreese F. I have a total of 2 fans:( in the case (one cpu fan and a side window fan). I just wanted to know if this is too high of a operating temp for my case. I have another 80mm case fan i will be installing soon also. Thanks

To convert Fahrenheit into Celsius: Subtract 32, multiply by 5, and divide by 9.

Average case temperature = 80.0 + 85.5/2 = 82.75

Celsius = 82.75 - 32 = 50.75
= 50.75 x 5 = 253.75
= 253.75/9 = 28.19 degrees Celsius

28.19C is a good case temperature.

Alrihgt, thanks and i have one more question. Do you have your fans to where they blow air outside of the case or into the case? I was thinking that if they were blowing into the case then it would collect alot of dust but if they were pointed outsied of the case then it couldnet collect alot of dust and it would remove the heat. Is this ture...?

How many fans can you have total in the case?

Generaly a good idea is to have the front fans (if you have any) blowing in, and the window and rear fan blowing out. Its kinda like....well, its just good air circulation. Make a drawing. Point out where the air will be comming in, and where its going out, and figure out the best way to set up your fans.

Also, think about using round cables (IDE and Floppy, naturaly) if you already are not. Round cables present less air resistance, as compared to old school ribbon cables, which are rather big and bulky, and just plain out ugly anyhow! :D

If moddings an option, think about a blowhole. Put a fan there, and make it suck air out. That would work wonderfuly.

ok i have one fan in the front and one case fan and 2 rear fans. so ill do like you said. Thanks for the help!

now i got a question on the same topic. My case temp is 45 degrees. Celcius... I got MBM5, and it is hte one monitoring it, not sure if it's right... even though all the gauges work and crap.
now all i have is one LOUD ass 92mm fan on the side, i already have a post up about this, link here: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21163
i do plan on buying a nice QUIET fan for the side, i was just looking into it, but now that i see that a 28 is a good temp, i'm starting to wonder about this 45 of mine.... should i get another fan and put it as exhaust?

45... wow. try booting the computer with the side of the case off, if it doesnt lower to maybe 35 then ur temps are just off

This may seem kinda lame, but when my case temp gets waaay to high, what I do is like you said, take boths sides off the case for about a day, and just runit like that.

Something actualy useful too, is the USB fans. I connected one, ran it through an empty PCI port, and had that as extra cooling. And they arnt to expensive either.

And finaly, I reccomend using this: 3D Edge Fan Kit

That works pretty well... very bulky, but very usefull, also.

that tri-fan is interesting but i can't visually see what that would be fit in at????

cut a whole section the case ??? lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom