Plz help im dumb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceyDeath23

In Runtime
Hey guys i just assembled a new pc last night...well the thing wont boot at all...i get a lil click sound and then nothing except for a small LED on my MOBO that is by the RAM.

MOBO: Gigabyte K8 Pro
CPU: AMD 64 3400+
RAM: (Trying to boot with 1 stick of 512 Geil)

Hmm if u need to know anything else just let me know....plz help if u know what i should do

Thanks

O im going to try....

5. If the machine just won't start, remove the board from the case and set it on a antistatic bag, cardboard, whatever..just so it's not touching any metal and remove everything except what's essential to get to the BIOS startup screen-- hard disks, CD players, extra memory, sound cards, everything. All that should be in there is a video card (if you aren't using on-board video), one stick of RAM and a keyboard. (Yes, that's really all you need!)

From Microbell's post....but i dont really know what i should do if i get that working either so plz help

Thanks

see if the RAM is pushed in all the way maybe the click is a spark from the Ram not touching the right pins.

Ur system won't boot OK.
But R U able to access ur Bios?
That click can be because of the data sent through the video cable by ur G-card. Which means that Ur card and monitor r not the cause of Ur problem.
Try re-seating the RAM. If that doesn't work then try with a diff RAM(from ur friends').

Once you do #5 from micro bell's post. Start adding components to the system until it stops booting.

Then you've pinpointed a faulty piece of equipment.

Aight im getting out of work right now...goin to try that above stuff and #5 from the other post....

I am not able to access my bios nothin starts i get a lil sound then nothin....except for that light i was talkin about b4

Thanks

I just rememberd something.... In my mobo manual theres a part that says if an LED goes on it means that the RAM or video card are incompatible

check and see if the fan on your PSU makes one revolution. It may be the 'click' of your fan starting and then stopping. I doubt it would be a spark from the ram. It may be a faulty PSU or CPU or memory. If you have arcing from mem, then you have more of a serious problem

Musjunk: i dont think it means that on my board cause my manual says when that light is on...dont remove the stick

I would reseat them and then check the PSU. I think that maybe the culprit, but reseat mem, processor, etc. Also, about setting the MBD on antistatic, thats to make sure the MBD isn't grounding out on the case. If it works outside the case, then somewhere its touching the case on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom