I got another question. hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
The current drivers I'm using in xp 32bit are (best drivers, in my understanding) the 93.81.

I want to run vista.. REALLY bad..
I'm using a 7950gx2, and that driver is really the best out there for my card. (afaik)
Now, unless someone can confirm that it is fixed-the reason i went back to such an old driver was because whenever i installed the newest driver. (when the 1XX.XX drivers came out) the screen seemed to scroll side to side if i had a widescreen.

so basically, my question is

Is there anywhere I can download that driver for vista 64bit?
Or is that widescreen scroll still in the newest drivers?

-thanks

That driver was not released for Vista 64Bit. The 64 Bit drivers didnt start for Vista as a Official release untill they hit 100.xx so your only option would be to run really old beta drivers which isnt recommened or to use the current drivers. Since i dont use 64Bit i can not give you a answer on the widescreen scroll.

Best bet is to check the nVidia forums to see if anyone has encountered that issue.

those 160 drivers is a pos. it don't show up as drivers on a lot of computers (it shows up as 4 bit) and it scrolls on the few that it do work on. I do love the new control panel however. it can let you custom resize your desktop (my hdtv sucks at that) and a million other things.

I install the 160 drivers and reboot. I then go to device manager and roll back to the previous driver. then i get to keep the control panel

Well you will have to find the drivers on a archive site since they are not on nVidia site anymore anyways.

Ahh it seems that they had 96.85 drivers out. They were RTM drivers

Windows Vista 64-bit RTM

But i can almost guarentee you that these drivers will be even worse than the current drivers. As these didnt have SLi support or work all that well. RTM drivers stunk from nVidia and ATi.

nvidia Vista drivers 64 Bit - Google Search

There is a google search that turned up a few sets. You will just have to test them for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom