Alright Vista guru's, see if you can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxer4533

Try again!
I've got a problem in Vista.

I'm using a user account, not the Administrator account for starters. I would like to have my computer stay running 24/7 so I can fold, download, etc. I will leave this stuff running when I leave in the morning, and when I get home, it is back to the log-in screen.

I have my power settings to never go in standby, and never turn off the hard disks. I have my screen saver set to turn on after 9999 minutes, and no password protection after coming back from the screen saver. I also have it to never sleep and never hibernate.

Any ideas at all? It's so frustrating! It's really the only quirk I'm having with Vista.

Thanks.

I'm using a user account, not the Administrator account for starters. I would like to have my computer stay running 24/7 so I can fold, download, etc. I will leave this stuff running when I leave in the morning, and when I get home, it is back to the log-in screen.

I have my power settings to never go in standby, and never turn off the hard disks. I have my screen saver set to turn on after 9999 minutes, and no password protection after coming back from the screen saver. I also have it to never sleep and never hibernate.

Any ideas at all? It's so frustrating! It's really the only quirk I'm having with Vista.

Thanks.

So what exactly is your problem...?

Thanks.

See bold text aetherh4cker.

See if it gives any data about a stop error or anything that would show why it is crashing. If anything turn off the auto restart on crash.

if it was xp, I would tell you to install net framework 1.1 sp1 and net framework 2.

net framework 1.1 usually causes this problem in xp

have you just tried leaving it on without it running anything? that could narrow down if one of those apps is doing it....also you could have it stay off when errors occur rather than restart (i think)

If it stays on with nothing running....
could be an app crashing it...or could just be the apps cranking the cpu/gpu, beyond a thermal threshold, and you get the system reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom