The 8800GT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah buddy you need one. i guarantee my cpu is limiting this card's ability.
each time i overclock 100-150 mhz my score goes up 2-300 points.
my last score (got it to 10,630 so far) was at 3.06...i am reaching the limit of my cpu. gonna shoot for 3.1, but i dont think its gonna do it.

waiting for Phenoms eh man?

why not try out a 5000+ Black Edition.. try multiplier and FSB raising :) or buy Nosboost's FX-62 (if he still has it)

lets see how that holds u for a while?

I'll put my watercooling back in as soon as I can be arsed cutting a hole for the fillport, and then I'll try and clock my 6000+ at or over 3.5GHZ again

coupled with an 8800 GT (especially one that's overclocked to 675MHZ out of the box) should land me a good score.

waiting for Phenoms eh man?
yep.
I'll most likely be getting an X4

why not try out a 5000+ Black Edition.. try multiplier and FSB raising :) or buy Nosboost's FX-62 (if he still has it)
well, shipping would cost heaps to Aus.
Plus, my 6000+ has more cache than the 5000+, and already clocks past 3.5GHZ when watercooled.

yeah i topped it out i think. i may try overclocking my Pcie bus a little more and see if i can bust 10,800.
i thought about buying an fx-62, only 169 bucks from newegg...the cahce will increase my score by at least a few hundred points alone, and the unlocked multi might allow me to scrape 3.3ghz or so.
probably would get to 11K with it, but it seems kinda silly to buy one with agena x4 right around the corner (i'll DEFINITELY be gettin one).
im pretty happy with 10,600+.
blows my SLI'd 7900's outta the water and beats my old HD2900 by a fair margin at WAY lower clocks.
think i'll stick with my 3600 till agena release. and yes, i will jump on the agena bus sight-unseen...as long as the price is reasonable (ie sub-300.00 range). thought about intel quad for a minute. then i slapped myself. no way i'm changing mobo's...agena will come close enough to the intel quads even if it doesnt beat them at everything.

Welp, I guess its time to start putting away money for another Rig, 1.5 - 2 years down the road.. (Looks at signature and crys a bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom