vista install stuck at "please wait while windows checks your computers performance"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: vista install stuck at "please wait while windows checks your computers performan

Not necessarily. You can corrupt sectors of your hard drive without crashing the whole disc.
Which should be fixed by overwriting them.

Or if not, then a format will usually fix it:
]Modern hard drives are manufactured with 'spare' sectors which are only used to replace space lost due to bad sectors. This allows a drive to automatically compensate for any slight manufacturing defects which may have resulted in the drive having bad sectors 'out of the box.' When formatting a drive, bad sectors are detected and these 'spare' sectors are used to replace them as necessary.
Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Hard Drives - PCSTATS.com

But formatting the drive was the first thing he did, so he shouldn't have bad sectors being used.

Re: vista install stuck at "please wait while windows checks your computers performan

That still doesnt mean that during the install that the sectors did not go bad again does it? At that point the format would be irrelavant and the sectors would be corrupt yet again now wouldnt they?

Now if it was done after the format and during the install when you cant do a chkdsk how are we to know?

We are not so stop trying to make it seem like i dont know what i am talking about. At least i had a idea unlike you who are just trying to show me up cause you dont like my thoughts on Vista. Get over it already.

That still doesnt mean that during the install that the sectors did not go bad again does it? At that point the format would be irrelavant and the sectors would be corrupt yet again now wouldnt they?
It's not very likely.
Now if it was done after the format and during the install when you cant do a chkdsk how are we to know?
It's more likely that he has a piece of hardware Vista doesn't work properly with.
We are not so stop trying to make it seem like i dont know what i am talking about. At least i had a idea unlike you who are just trying to show me up cause you dont like my thoughts on Vista.
Now you're just being presumptuous. This has nothing to do with what I think of your thoughts on Vista. I just don't think hard drive failure is the likely cause. Really.
Get over it already.
Et tu, Mak.

Well if you would have used Vista for more than 3 seconds you would know that it does NOT do a full format only a quick at which point the whole bad sector thing would not be erased cause a quick format only erases data not bad sectors. So at that point my original statment is correct. Thank you have a nice day.

Well if you would have used Vista for more than 3 seconds
Mak, stop being presumptuous.

you would know that it does NOT do a full format only a quick
You know what? you could have just said this before, and not been ostentatious about it.

at which point the whole bad sector thing would not be erased cause a quick format only erases data not bad sectors.
Even so, that doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad sector.

So at that point my original statment is correct.
Actually, it only makes it possible.

I still think a bad sector is highly unlikely, given what actually happens. What's happening is that it's staying on the one screen. It doesn't give errors, etc.

Thank you have a nice day.
Now steady on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom