Fixed up the rat's nest that was my Antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Sorry for the crappy pics...

Anyway I found wire management to be a pain in this case...also there's not much space for watercooling despite the size...so I decided to do my best with it. I don't have any pictures of the inside before...but it was a messy, dusty rats nest.

I drilled some holes to route the wires and cleaned it up a bit.
Next I'd like to cut out the black grill on the side next to the window and replace the entire thing with 1 piece of plexiglass.

*CLICK TO ENLARGE*

Ya i did my best to clean up my 900 when i rebuilt last weekend. Running sli didnt help much though. Looks good. Do you still have the top fan running blowing through the radiator?

Ya i did my best to clean up my 900 when i rebuilt last weekend. Running sli didnt help much though. Looks good. Do you still have the top fan running blowing through the radiator?

Yup of course....would like to make a sort of shroud for it as well.

The top mounted rad doesn't really look like it works too well in that case..

I would like to see the uv cathode out of plain sight. kinda distracting...

have you ever thought of trying to mount it to the rear?
Think of it like an investment, every time you replace the tubing thats 2 less feet you need to buy. And if you use tygon @ 3 or so a foot, thats 6 bucks every time! :p

Random tangent, what pump is that?

This is a stupid question, but now, are the cables that you put through the drilled holes all sticking out of the side of the case?

This is a stupid question, but now, are the cables that you put through the drilled holes all sticking out of the side of the case?

No lol I doubt they are, the Antec 900's mobo tray is separate from the side of the case, so you can route wires behind the tray, and they'll be between the tray and the side of the case. That's how I have mine routed.

when i read this, i was like, WTF?? Y do u have a rat's nest in ur case? Then i realized i took it literally.

dont do those things to me!! It's harder to tell if u literally mean it or not online.

anyways, nice touch, but is that black pad thing on the insides of the case really necessary? Wouldnt that soak up more heat? I know it's watercooled, but still i would be worried if i were u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom