Harddrive going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
So I have two Western Digital harddrives, my main one is in the PC itself and is fine for now, my newer external is giving me some problems.

I want you to know that before I go into this more, that I downloaded WD's diagnostic, ran it, and it came up fine, also ran checkdisk which came up peaches.

Now, I was preparing to shutdown my computer, so I stopped reading the files on the external and I switched it off like I always do, then I go to shutdown my computer as always through start>shutdown. During the windows splash screen I get an error and it says basically that every single folder in my external failed to save and all data was lost. Failed to save what, I do not know.

I then restarted my computer and I also turned on the external and it was gone, computer could not reconize was the error it gave me. I freaked because there are a lot of important files on there. But I then turned it off again for a moment and on again, the computer instantly recognized it and I can view all my files.

I had a problem earlier where I kept getting a "delayed write failed" error on this disk as well, but that seemed to go away on it's own. I think my drive is failing, but for now it keeps coming back to life.

Any suggestions? Are there any deeper drive tests I can perform on it?

Thanks

If its under warranty, I would RMA the drive to be on the safe side. Something doesn't sound right in whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom