Gaming lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I got the RAM and I can't complain at all. All the little lags I had before are no longer there, annoying slowness when opening / closing games is no longer their either.

Thank you guys so much for the help, really appreciate it, and will keep posting and reading threads. =]

The RAM would probably help. Other than that your upload speed is kind of low. I'd recommend at least 500kb/s up for smooth mutliplayer play.

Other than that maybe the HDD is doing something weird or dying. Can't really fathom anything else.

errrrr what? i have an upload of 300K(bits)/s and i get stupidly smooth gameplay

Wireless Internet could be the problem but doesnt sound like it, if you run alot of processes while playing it could def be RAM for higher end games 1gb just doesnt cut it ram isnt too pricey so I would look into getting 1gb more

*EDIT* Hah I should really read the end before posting yea its great that the RAM fixed it Have Fun!

ya it does.. my dad was using wireless in the hallway.. i convinced him to get a giant wire.. from the hall to the router... because Wireless is such a hassle in an apartment..

i live in the sticks and i have wireless internet.
its a motorola canopy system, and it works pretty well. 2gb dl and 800-1.2gb+ up.
not too shabby. plenty of bandwidth to game online. five years ago...it was dial-up or nothin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom