How can I use MS Outlook Contacts track clients emails and clients information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david55

Solid State Member
Outlook
Search Outlook
Search Folder
The client contact email is from another email address (2nd@email.com) that can be pop and smtp access, but it is so large, I will not download all emails from that email address, cause me 1.5 G space
I have a gmail email address, I want to forward this client email to my gmail email account.
Gmail (POP3): pop.gmail.com; (SMTP):smtp.gmail.com
So, 2nd@email.com I click the email in 2nd@email.com then forward to myemail@gmail.com
If I have a new client email, I should see all emails from and to this client, how to create a "search folder" to search email that apply for this client in Outlook folder?
Outlook provide a library with 13 "search folders"
I can "create user define search folder"
Outlook File/New/search folder
In "search folder", roll down to "user define", click "create user define search file folder"
Input name of the "search folder", because the position title is "Client 1234", so input "Client 1234" in this textbox.
Click "conditions"
In "search folder", click "mail" option, input "Client Mail.56" in "search text" textbox.
So, I ask the Client to send all his email to myemail@gmail.com
So, I also can forward all this client's email to myemail@gmail.com and input Client Mail.56 in any emails about this position.
In "location" drop down list, choose "only subject words".
Click "Enter" several times.
I am doing well?
Every client can create a "search folder"
But if I have 100 clients, what can I do?
Can I also search subject line and content of email, about the clients, I put some keywords in the forward email, so when they reply and include the email, the "search box " can sort these emails. And also search for other related key words.
My god! Can I create some rules direct all emails from certain email address to a search folder, and I can manage different clients emails, every clients emails organized, even they send from 6 email address belong to only one client.

How to do that?
Can I add clients business data to Outlook contact? business, data as: wholesale, hardware, household, etc.

Access
1 Identify Users
2 Identify User Requirement
Office Manager: client details
3 Identify data that need save and search: data in resume before processing; seperate repeat group and add key; resume data, exclude items and add outside key; multi link relations.
Data field in Outlook fields
But clients company has their company business, data as: wholesale, hardware, household, etc. How can I record these business data in Access, (sheet, field, title)?
4 Identify useful data.
5 Identify relations between sheets, for report, query and others.
6 Complete window, report and query design

How can I use Outlook Contacts track clients emails and clients information?
Outlook
Search Outlook
Search Folder
The client contact email is from another email address (2nd@email.com) that can be pop and smtp access, but it is so large, I will not download all emails from that email address, cause me 1.5 G space
I have a gmail email address, I want to forward this client email to my gmail email account.
Gmail (POP3): pop.gmail.com; (SMTP):smtp.gmail.com
So, 2nd@email.com I click the email in 2nd@email.com then forward to myemail@gmail.com
If I have a new client email, I should see all emails from and to this client, how to create a "search folder" to search email that apply for this client in Outlook folder?
Outlook provide a library with 13 "search folders"
I can "create user define search folder"
Outlook File/New/search folder
In "search folder", roll down to "user define", click "create user define search file folder"
Input name of the "search folder", because the position title is "Client 1234", so input "Client 1234" in this textbox.
Click "conditions"
In "search folder", click "mail" option, input "Client Mail.56" in "search text" textbox.
So, I also can forward all this client's email to myemail@gmail.com and input Client Mail.56 in any emails about this position.
In "location" drop down list, choose "only subject words".
Click "Enter" several times.
I am doing well?
Every client can create a "search folder"
But if I have 100 clients, what can I do?
Can I also search subject line and content of email, about the clients, I put some keywords in the forward email, so when they reply and include the email, the "search box " can sort these emails. And also search for other related key words.
My god! Can I create some rules direct all emails from certain email address to a search folder, and I can manage different clients emails, every clients emails organized, even they send from 6 email address belong to only one client.

How to do that?
Can I add clients business data to Outlook contact? business, data as: wholesale, hardware, household, etc.

Access
1 Identify Users
2 Identify User Requirement
Office Manager: client details
3 Identify data that need save and search: data in resume before processing; seperate repeat group and add key; resume data, exclude items and add outside key; multi link relations.
Data field in Outlook fields
But clients company has their company business, data as: wholesale, hardware, household, etc. How can I record these business data in Access, (sheet, field, title)?
4 Identify useful data.
5 Identify relations between sheets, for report, query and others.
6 Complete window, report and query design

Honestly I can't read all that lmao

what exactly are you trying to do?, i think i saw something about fowarding emails

You can add any info you want to the contacts list. There are several tabs in the contact listings that will allow for all sorts of info. As for all your info you have posted. I dont get what you are trying to say. You posted it twice and after reading it twice it still isnt easy to understand what you are trying to do.

Are you using Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007?

I will create a folder in Outlook email, business and personal

Outlook 2003
So, I also can forward (but waste time) all this client's email to myemail@gmail.com and
input Client Mail.56 in any emails about this position.
Then seperate the emails to these 2 email folders.
Then I add each contact to Outlook, group them to same company first, then make folders, business and personal contact folders.
For each client activity, use Project Software to manage the activity.
I also can create links in Outlook, link emails, appointments, tasks, documents and others to Contact.
So I must Forward email to Gmail address or other Pop email address, then use Pop to download to Outlook, but when I open the email, I can not find "Action/Link" button in the "Action" Tab, I need to save this email to a folder, and from Contact Tab, link this file?
In Contact Tab, every documents can link to Contact, click "Action/Link", choose file.
But I need to better organize my documents, I search Google Directory, directory.google.com for the file content, use google directory as my file directory, save them in the correct folder.
Then link to Outlook Contact, then in Contact Tab/Activities/, there have a field title (folder name), folder location: diary
If I group many messges in folders, 100 clients have 100 folders, too confuse!
Is this right?
I must use project to manage all activities about the client?

Yes it is the same info as in your first post. But it still doesnt answer any questions.

Is what right? 100 contacts with 100 folder too confusing,,yes that would be right.

"I must use progject to manage all activitied about the client?" - What does this mean? It is confusing at best and we can not help if we do not understand what you are asking.

Outlook Compare to EUSOFT Manager FREE - CRM Management

EUSOFT Manager FREE
Compare to Outlook 2003
Account Manager in EUSOFT Manager FREE
Task Manager in EUSOFT Manager FREE
I must use Outlook, Access, Project.
Diary in EUSOFT Manager FREE
Diary in Outlook, I link documents to contact
search Google Directory, directory.google.com, search "canada steel client", Business > Industrial Goods and Services > Machinery and Tools > Process Equipment
So, I save the client documents in E:/File/Business/Industrial Goods and Services/Machinery and Tools/Process Equipment/CanadaSteelClientCompany/
Then link the docuements to Outlook "CanadaSteelClientCompany" Contact, so in Outlook diary have link the docuement, but It will store in Outlook data file *.pst? The Outlook Data File *.pst will become very huge? Or it just link to the E:/File/Business/Industrial Goods and Services/Machinery and Tools/Process Equipment/CanadaSteelClientCompany/ file?
Note manager in EUSOFT Manager FREE
Compare to Outlook 2003 Note
File manager in EUSOFT Manager FREE
I don't know the file store in EUSOFT Manager FREE will be save in the install folder of EUSOFT Manager FREE, if yes, I would change the install folder of EUSOFT Manager FREE to another large disk, I'd like to choose another disk to save the file and manage by EUSOFT Manager FREE (can I do that)?
Business opportunity manager in EUSOFT Manager FREE
I don't know Access 2003, Project 2003 to do this job?
Classifications in EUSOFT Manager FREE, it has built in Classifications
In Office 2003, I need to build it, Access 2003 can do it?
Communication with other applications in EUSOFT Manager FREE
"MS Word – export list”; “MS Word – export detail”; “MS Word – export labels/envelopes”, so it means it will not work well in MS applications.
EUSOFT Manager FREE has a database.
"without resorting to programming and a back-end database (Access, SQL, whatever) you really are going to find Outlook is the wrong tool for the job."
That means I should use Outlook, Access, etc.
How can I do it?

Outlook 2003
So, I also can forward (but waste time) all this client's email to myemail@gmail.com and
input Client Mail.56 in any emails about this position.
Then seperate the emails to these 2 email folders.
Then I add each contact to Outlook, group them to same company first, then make folders, business and personal contact folders.
For each client activity, use Project Software to manage the activity.
I also can create links in Outlook, link emails, appointments, tasks, documents and others to Contact.
So I must Forward email to Gmail address or other Pop email address, then use Pop to download to Outlook, but when I open the email, I can not find "Action/Link" button in the "Action" Tab, I need to save this email to a folder, and from Contact Tab, link this file?
In Contact Tab, every documents can link to Contact, click "Action/Link", choose file.
But I need to better organize my documents, I search Google Directory, directory.google.com for the file content, use google directory as my file directory, save them in the correct folder.
Then link to Outlook Contact, then in Contact Tab/Activities/, there have a field title (folder name), folder location: diary
If I group many messges in folders, 100 clients have 100 folders, too confuse!
Is this right?
I must use project to manage all activities about the client?

Outlook Redirect, Rule, Categories, Access

create rule in Outlook, from some email address redirect (not forward) to mygmailemail@gmail.com (that way it will show the senders address in my gmail inbox not mine).
Gmail 4824 MB storage, Yahoo Mail unlimit storage.
"I can't recall if the Redirect function lets you delete them after they've been redirected, but you can always just set up a rule to place all new emails in your Deleted folder. "
If in Outlook I set all from some email address redirect (not forward) to mygmailemail@gmail.com (that way it will show the senders address in my gmail inbox not mine). When redirect failed, the email will lost, so I will set a rule in the email account, keep emails in the email server, or just then in your Outlook settings just tick the box that removes the emails from the server after x number of days and this will take care of it for you (I will not do this, I usually forget to check emails in many emails address, so I will lose emails).
If the first email is not POP/SMTP, I must manualy forward the first email to mygmailemail@gmail.com and myyahooemail@yahoo.com
"I can't recall if the Redirect function lets you delete them after they've been redirected, but you can always just set up a rule to place all new emails in your Deleted folder." What does "but you can always just set up a rule to place all new emails in your Deleted folder. " mean?
"Another rule can then save all your emails by sender (either their email address or by a keyword such as their name) to a specific folder" If I have 100 clients, there will be 100 folders, It's very hard to find the folder, how to do? Create 100 folders? Or use other solution?
But all emails from same contact, all its emails address received by outlook can be track by Contacts and that Activities tab for tracking emails by contact. How to do that?
Sometimes clients emails from web email that is not POP/SMTP, how to track these emails? Forward them with the clients names and email address in the subject field?
"Not sure what else to suggest here, maybe organising your emails using categories and have that as a filter in the Actions tab. "
"maybe organising your emails using categories ", I know contacts can organising using categories.
But I don't know how to organising emails using categories. "maybe organising your emails using categories and have that as a filter in the Actions tab. " So I also don't know how to "and have that as a filter in the Actions tab. "
I don't how to use the Journal.
"As for everything else I think you want to do, it sounds outside the capabilities of Outlook, and I don鈥檛 use Access so no suggestions from me there either鈥?"
I am waiting for your suggests in Access.
"Only other thing I can think of is looking at a proper CRM package like ACT or Maximiser 鈥?they might have what you鈥檙e looking for鈥?"
I will download these two software to test.
And I am studying the EUSOFT Manager FREE

I also can manually create any Journal (Diary), link to any activities and files

"Outlook will let you set up a Rule to forward your emails to your gmail, so there is no need to have clients send all your emails to that address (if they already have your current address, there's no point giving them another one). "
When I received an email from a client, I will set a rule to forward all emails from this email address to myemail@gmail.com and myemail@yahoo.com, if the client emails send to a POP/SMTP email address, I can deliver to Outlook, then set a rule; but if the client emails send to a NON POP/SMTP email address, I must mually forward this email and all emails to myemail@gmail.com and myemail@yahoo.com (also need to set a rule in email account, move all emails from this emails address to a specific folder) if this email account can not redirect or forward emails from this email address to myemail@gmail.com and myemail@yahoo.com.
"If you have emails from 100 clients, I agree it IS going to get confusing - each client having their own folder is probably your only way around this though. "
I need to set 100 folders? And if 5 contacts from the same company, I should set 500 rules in Outlook? Can I use the Outlook Journal (diary)?
I can set Outlook Journal (Diary) track contacts activities, but when I choose contacts, I found I only can select contacts in Main Contact folder, any subfolders and any other folders can not see in the box. So, all contacts I want to track must be in the Main Contact folder and not in any subfolder.
I also can manually create any Journal (Diary), link to any activities and files, use hyperlink; and link to any files outside Outlook.
I am waiting for replies, so I can go further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom