Gaming lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm when/if i ever get a new computer Ill have to play with that. My current doesnt have enough to matter.

Are you including sata 3.0gb/s into your Ram is 20x faster? I thought that Jumpdrives (usb 2.0 and faster) and sata drives performed fast enough to use for memory- aka Readyboost.

I think I'll just leave the paging file on ....

hmm when/if i ever get a new computer Ill have to play with that. My current doesnt have enough to matter.

Are you including sata 3.0gb/s into your Ram is 20x faster? I thought that Jumpdrives (usb 2.0 and faster) and sata drives performed fast enough to use for memory- aka Readyboost.

Hard drives are different than usb drives and Readyboost....USB sticks have slower transfer speeds in general than hard drives...it's the access times that makes them good for readyboost type stuff.

the Sata 3.0gb/s doesn't really have much to do with it as thats just marketing stuff, but obviously a faster 7200 hd will have better page file performance than a slower one.

Apok, how are you disabling paging file? Are you going through System Properties > Advanced > Performance Options etc..., or are you disabling it in the registry?

I read in a tweak guide to disable your paging file via going through regedit and finding "DisablePagingExecutive" and change the value to 1. Just wondering if this has the same effect, and which way is better.

w00t, my RAM arrived today, and i just stuck it in my computer.

You guys say that disabling paging file is best, how do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom