New RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys.
I just received the RAM i ordered via UPS :)

OCZ Technology | Products | Memory | OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper Enhanced Bandwidth Edition

Here are some pics of the sexy RAM :)

Ram with booklet:
dscf3827mediumqu4.jpg

Closer Look:
dscf3828mediumqo7.jpg

My Rig with it:
dscf3830mediumyk5.jpg

Well I booted up and im at 667mhz speed (beacause of the older RAM). Now my question is do I raise voltage to 2.0 (defualt) and put FSB to 400 ?

Thanks ,
Preacher

Set the voltage to whatever the memory says its rated at...2.0 sounds right.

Also manually set the them to factory timings....and yeah raise FSB to 400 and make sure the ramspeed says DDR2 800mhz in the ramspeed area after you set the fsb.

Good stuff.

I would leave the RAM to run at default speed, timings, and voltage as much as possible. Overclock your CPU, and once you know it is stable, start doing the RAM.

Oh, and update your sig. ;)

SPD settings are very rarely the same as default settings though. Like I said, it's best to enter default settings manually.

Well I tried to boot at 801 mhz , and it wouldn't boot. I need to configure this correctly, guru could you tell what exactly to do.

Good stuff.

I would leave the RAM to run at default speed, timings, and voltage as much as possible. Overclock your CPU, and once you know it is stable, start doing the RAM.

Oh, and update your sig. ;)

Hehe hold on i got a sig ready but i gotta delete the ghz and ram and ill update as soon as i get a stable OC.

try nudging the nbcore up to 1.55v....the cooling on this board is awesome and people run it at 1.7-1.8v on the stock cooling.

and set the ram to 2.0v and 4-3-3-15 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)....

also make sure the cpu vcore is at least set to either 1.325 or 1.35

the northbridge voltage.

Stock is 1.45 i think...set it to 1.55v as you are already overclocking the FSB by 50%

1.55v should be good to run it up to 460fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom