AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD FTW. I'm a fanyboy, I'd much rather have an AMD CPU than ever have to suffer through Intel's crap technology again, sure their CPUs now may be good now but it isn't their technology that's in them if you catch my drift.

Uhh.. what..? Thanks for contributing.

uhhhhh. what? i mean is....
onboard memory controller is exclusive to AMD. ie intel cant get it down, which is why they still use a FSB...or is it "just not that important (according to intel lol)"?
uhhhh intel cant place both their chips on the same die.
thanks for contributing/ lol/
AMD has sunk loads of time and money into their new lineup, i'll be surprised if it doesnt surprise me.

as far as what veedub says...
when did intel have an onboard MC?
as far as being way behind, how is that possible if AMD is putting forth true advancement in technology, instead of a simple die shrink, etc (yes i know there's more to it than that, just a general statement...but no true INNOVATION on intels part)...?

Hmm after reading this entire thing... all I really have to say is..
Mumba Jumba. Red Cars FTW. AMD fanatic.

now to technical stuff...
All I really know is if the phenoms can out perform the Q6600 g0 or whatever the bloody 'ell it's called then I'll be buying me a phenom for my new gaming rig- I don't care what beats a phenom that WILL come out- I care what is out and price competitive.
That may seem kinda stupid to some of you but I look at this.. the AM2+ socket mobos coming out are going to get some crazy modifications, and speeds aren't going to be nearly as bottle necked as with intel's stuff- so whether or not the phenom can break 3.0Ghz is not my concern, if it only gets 2.0 but unleashes the full potiential of every other part (RAM, Video etc) without bottle necks or hesistations- who cares!

My "gaming rig" is almost standard for most "web surfer" computers, so any upgrade is a bonus to me, being able to play nice games will be sweet.

I got a feeling AMD IS hiding something with there quads- and in a good way- and once there out a lot of people are going to change there minds.

Intel had integrated memory controllers on their itanium chips i believe it was. This was back in in the days of rdram that basically took a dump. "true" quadcores are actually MORE expensive to produce than the double double that intel uses because unless all 4 cores yield the chip is useless. This can be proven by the fact that amd is goign to be offering tricores to sell off the quadcores that dont pass specs. I'm not trying to start up any flamewars, i just spend entirely too much time online researching this crap. Its MUCH cheaper and much easier to put 2 dual cores on a single die than it is to produce a true quad core.

Edit also as i stated earlier, the nehalems will be a true quad core with onboard memory controller at 45nm and then stepping into 32nm. The nehalems are already taped out which means that they already have working samples and are sending them to production so yes, intel is WAY ahead of the game. I hope intel comes out with something to keep the game going, but considering how hush hush they are keeping things, the only reason i can think of is that they are either not going to hit their deadline or the performance isnt going to be good enough to start hyping.

Hince why Intel jumped to doing that instead of developing true quad core in the first place- meanwhile let the competition do the hard work - then copy it later and add another spin off- but before they can release all that- there "fake quads" sell like hotcakes to the hungry consumers.

Supply, Demand, Corperate backstabbing, its just how things work.

uhhhhh. what? i mean is....
onboard memory controller is exclusive to AMD. ie intel cant get it down, which is why they still use a FSB...or is it "just not that important (according to intel lol)"?
uhhhh intel cant place both their chips on the same die.
thanks for contributing/ lol/
AMD has sunk loads of time and money into their new lineup, i'll be surprised if it doesnt surprise me.

as far as what veedub says...
when did intel have an onboard MC?
as far as being way behind, how is that possible if AMD is putting forth true advancement in technology, instead of a simple die shrink, etc (yes i know there's more to it than that, just a general statement...but no true INNOVATION on intels part)...?

Intel is coming out with a brand new architecture, a quad-core processor codenamed Nethlam, this time it will have an onboard memory controller, just like K8 n K10 of AMD's processors. I dont remember the named of the memory controller from Intel >_<.

the processor will be 45nm still. B1gapl or someone posted last week from dailytech about it here on the forums, did u miss it?

EDIT:

it comes out 2009.

Who cares if it is true quad core or not ?

I think most people here want a processor that perform very well and overclocks very well.

What is the point of having true quad core that performs worse than two dual core ?

What if AMD quad core perform worse than Intel quad core (Note: I said if) ? Would you get AMD quad core just because it is a "true" quad core ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom