vista install stuck at "please wait while windows checks your computers performance"

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I now formatted my hard drive and installing windows vista ultimate. I thought it was stuck on the screen that says that it was checking windows performance so i did an improper shutdown anf reinstalled it again. Now its stuck on thr screen and its been like 2 hours already. There is a green progress bar i think, but its less than 5% and its been stuck there since who knows when.

Re: vista install stuck at "please wait while windows checks your computers performan

Okay? You did a improper shut down while the HDD was in motion. You then proceeded to overwrite that area again and now you are complaining? You possibly have corrupted your HDD. Since it hasnt fully installed you cant do a chkdsk but i think that what happened.

Re: vista install stuck at "please wait while windows checks your computers performan

It does take a while.

Okay? You did a improper shut down while the HDD was in motion. You then proceeded to overwrite that area again and now you are complaining?
I highly doubt it's a corrupt hard drive, because he did say he reinstalled Vista again.

Okay? You did a improper shut down while the HDD was in motion. You then proceeded to overwrite that area again and now you are complaining? You possibly have corrupted your HDD. Since it hasnt fully installed you cant do a chkdsk but i think that what happened.
Hey it seems like your getting annoyed with my posts. I know im asking alot of questions lately but if you could bare with me.

I now have successfully installed windows vista ultimate. Basically continueing from above, I just did an improper shutdown again and reinstalled it and created a new account from the one above (it wouldn't let me use the same account from the first) and everything works perfectly.

This proves that my computer's hardware is unstable. Because one time it was stuck and the third attempt it let me complete the installation. I did encounter a new problem. The symptom is that my computer stops making noise and the screen is frozen. Everything is still turned on, my computer has the led lighten up but I dont hear any noise at all.

What hardware replacement should I start looking into? My computer is 5 years old.

Hardware replacement? How bout a new computer. Vista Ultimate will run slow on any 5 year old computer.

Hardware replacement? How bout a new computer. Vista Ultimate will run slow on any 5 year old computer.

runs perfectly fine on my machine. I got my computer as a gift and I personally haven't went computer shopping. What would be the best way to get a new computer.

I highly doubt it's a corrupt hard drive, because he did say he reinstalled Vista again.

No its isnt hard to believe that it could be a corrupted hard drive after the issues he is encountering. As noted below he now has freezes among other issues which backs up my thoughts.

Hey it seems like your getting annoyed with my posts. I know im asking alot of questions lately but if you could bare with me.

I now have successfully installed windows vista ultimate. Basically continueing from above, I just did an improper shutdown again and reinstalled it and created a new account from the one above (it wouldn't let me use the same account from the first) and everything works perfectly.

This proves that my computer's hardware is unstable. Because one time it was stuck and the third attempt it let me complete the installation. I did encounter a new problem. The symptom is that my computer stops making noise and the screen is frozen. Everything is still turned on, my computer has the led lighten up but I dont hear any noise at all.

What hardware replacement should I start looking into? My computer is 5 years old.

I am not annoyed in any way. I am just going thru the progression of what it could be. Just looking at a monitor and trying to figure out what is going on how ever far away from me you are is tough.;)

So now how many installs have you gone thru? It sounds like you have tried 3 different times with only 1 being successful. Now with that one you created a new account. Am i about right?

As for the hardware the freeze to me sounds like a Power Supply failure. Either that or a fialure from your Processor. I would first start with removing everything but your video card and processor. From there boot up and see how it react. From there just keep adding a piece of hardware till you find out when it gets unstable. That will be your faulty piece.

Also i would download and run MemTest86. This will test your RAM out for any bad areas.

Also the PC is a bit old. But it can be suitable for Vista. Just might have to upgrade it. My PC is 4 years old and runs Vista just fine but i have upgraded everything but hte CPU (Processor) and the Mother Board.

@motoxer4533-That is not true. If he bought a power house of a PC back then it would stil be sufficent today. I have upgraded my PC to exceed even some of today standards. My PC is 4 years old. So teh age is not the problem.:p

No its isnt hard to believe that it could be a corrupted hard drive after the issues he is encountering. As noted below he now has freezes among other issues which backs up my thoughts.
If it was a corrupted hard drive, that should have been fixed when he reinstalled Vista.

If the hard drive itself is faulty, then it's much more likely that it just wouldn't work period.

Not necessarily. You can corrupt sectors of your hard drive without crashing the whole disc. That is what the chkdsk utility is for. But since he couldnt install i couldnt have him run it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom