average temps?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev2323

In Runtime
I have an Abit IC7-G mobo with a P4 2.8. FSB 8000 MHz, 2x512 DDR and an ATI Rad 9600 SE. This is stock, not overclocked. The abit eq is showing average temps around 48C idle and 65C heavy load!!! I have no problems, never crashed. I have the stock cpu fan/hs and an intake fan up front. No exhaust, but stil, that is hot isnt it??? It stays pretty much the same even with the side off. Help me out!!!! Is this ok, and what do you advise? I dont want to spend alot of dough to cool this thing either! (no watercooling).

Thanks
Matt

Those aren't awful temps, but there pretty high. I would recommend getting another intake fan along with an exhaust fan. You could also get a new heatsink/fan or just a new cpu fan.

You can pick up case fans off newegg for like $5. So it won't be expensive at all.

These are hot. Your average should be under 40 at idle and low 50's under heavy load. Check and make sure your heatsink/fan is well seated. Did you use the thermal pad that came with the stock cooling. I would recomend you get some arctic silver 5 and apply it between your CPU and heat sink. Also, as w105 mentionned, get an exhaust fan. You may also want to try and get your front fan as an exhaust and see if that helps.
Make sure your IDE cables are not in the way. These are bulky and stop airflow. Clean your CPU fan also as it might be very dirty.

"Did you use the thermal pad that came with the stock cooling."

I will check, but I dont remember any thermal pad coming with my p4 and hs/fan. I bought them together. I will be trying the thermal paste and definatley getting an exhaust fan. Thanks

Buy your CPU a nice HSF (Heatsink and Fan), you should definitely have an exhaust fan also though.

yea really get the temp down to below 55C under load and thats still a bit hot 4 me but do that and ull be set

OK. I put two exhaust fans on. Still have the one intake, and the stock hsf on the cpu. The temp only lowered by about 2C under stress and idle. Shouldn't have those fans lowered the temp more??

Surely the exhaust fans would've made more difference.... I have the same cpu as you with 2 exhaust fans and my average is 35C, load 45.

Also, check your temperature in BIOS. The one displayed is usually off. Don't forget the thermal paste. It's only a couple of bucks and its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom