Wire Management No-Nos

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaestro

Baseband Member
I recently did some wire management. I routed a few wires behind my MoBo. While it made the inside "prettier," it did not reduce temps noticably. System temp (not CPU temp) as reported by nVidia nTune monitor rose by about 7C from 32C to 39C. Was that because I routed some wires behind the MoBo? Is that a no-no? Also, is 39C for system temp too hot? I'd rather leave things alone now unless I've got a serious problem.

Shouldnt have raised your temps by taking wires out of the open air in the case and putting them behind the mobo, Im counting the wire management out as the culprit

Hmm. Does anyone have any ideas? More importantly, is 38C-39C for SYSTEM temps anything to worry about?

Im going to have to guess and say your system temp isnt 39C

Lets try the easy test, stick your hand into your tower, if it feels hot then it is possible, if you have decent airflow the system temp really should rise more than 5 degrees or so from ambient.

Thanks. I did that. It was warm, but not hot inside the case. Thermal management of case is OK, but not great. A HDD case right behind the intake fans blocks air somewhat. My temp says ambient temps are about 27.5C. It's a small room.

BTW, Im just relying on nVidia nTune for the system temps.

I dont even pay attention to system temps. As long as you have decent air flow the only thing you need to watch are cpu core temps and gpu temps. Everything else should take care of itself. Also dont forget that the temp in the room has a large effect on component temps.

veedubfreak,

You nailed it, actually. I didn't make the connection, but the ambient temps in my room when I tested were something like 5C higher. That's what accounted for the difference. The next morning, when my ambient temps were back down, I checked again and the system temps were good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom