vista or xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynxthechosen0

Solid State Member
Im currently buying a new pc but im not sure what operating software to use. I will be doing some gaming. I am running xp on this system im using at the moment and it works fine. Ive been told vista is buggy but ive also been told you need vista for the games that come out in the future. My choices will either be xp home or vista basic maybe vista premium. Can you help me decide what one to choose ?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-vista-discussion-53448/

http://www.techist.com/forums/search.php?searchid=183101

It will be personal preference. Some members have found Vista to be bad. Other sites i regular on many people use Vista without any problems. Personally i have used Vista for a year and had little to no trouble with it. The choice is yours.

Yes the games will be all about Vista. They wil require a DX10 card in order to play right. So if you dont have a DX10 card you are already behind the mark. Other than that there is plenty of material available already here for a decision.

It will have to be Vista. Games like Halo 2 and Crysis are Vista. Halo 2 has been hacked back to XP but DX10 is not fully functional. (Yes i have read all the docs on this and still say they have not been able to reproduce all the stuff needed to make DX10 fully functional compared to Vista)

Crysis is going to be Vista. UT3 most likely will be Vista. The games now are all going to be Vista compatible. Just like the games that came out when XP was the major OS were all XP compatible. But the thing is if you want DX10 you NEED Vista.

As i said i have used it for a year now with minimal problems. Each person has their own idea what buggy is and what they think is buggy. Some people feel that evenaa minor inconvience, such as a applicaiton not being able to run on Vista, a bug. When in fact it isnt a bug. That is the problem of the people who made the software not makeing it Vista compatible. Same thing with Drivers. That is the fault of the hardware device makers.

While yes there are some things that are wrong with Vista. Copying files at first is a major annoyance. But there are plenty of updates and patches to get that working correctly. Most of which are available via Windows Update.

So while many peopl here would call me a Vista Fanboi i have to say i am not. Since i am within Ubuntu right now typing this an have not been in Vista in over a week.

So each person has a different experience. I can not tell you how your will go or if you will find bugs. I can say that i personally love Vista and am glad i went to it.

Vista runs WoW great for me. no issues. I dont know about medieval 2 though lol.

far as other blizz games diablo 1 and 2 seems to work fine as well. Those are old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom