RV670XT is going to be 10% slower than 8800GT (from fudzilla)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is, at least from what ive read, the 2900s had a pretty low yield rate and they dont have a lot of them floating around. They will probably come out with a new high end card using the same archetecture as the 670 or even the 700 and just sell off whats left of the 2900s.

thats what im saying....it isnt gonna help their sales, cos everyone will just goto the 8800gt.
The 8800gt IS the best bang for the buck...
and from all the issues ati has had with drivers...i dont seem them getting ahead of nvidia for a while.

well w/ the new cards costing LESS than the 8800gt.. and performing roughly 8% worse.. i would say that the rv670 would be the best bang for the buck... with 55nm is it.. these may very well overclock to 900mhz.. seeing as my 2900 a 80nm can go to 878 or something around that area.... these will be some interesting cards...

Doesn't seem like ATI has anything to take a stab at the 640MB 8800GTS V2, and their possible attempt to strike down the 8800GT is a little iffy. I mean, who the heck admits defeat before launch? I can appreciate the honesty, but that's pretty bad. Doesn't it just bother anybody that the GT, GTS V2, GTX and Ultra have no competition as far as performance is concerned? The gap between an 2900XT or even the unreleased HD38x0's and Nvidia's high end is quite large. That's pathetic.

I'm not concerned as far as them making profits, they will, from the mainstream market, but enthusiasts who know better will probably turn to Nvidia for the time being. ATI needs to get their act together, what happened to the glory days of the 9700PRO? I wouldn't even consider the HD38x0 series unless it was priced REALLY competitively, like $149.99 for a Sapphire model.

Doesn't seem like ATI has anything to take a stab at the 640MB 8800GTS V2, and their possible attempt to strike down the 8800GT is a little iffy. I mean, who the heck admits defeat before launch? I can appreciate the honesty, but that's pretty bad. Doesn't it just bother anybody that the GT, GTS V2, GTX and Ultra have no competition as far as performance is concerned? The gap between an 2900XT or even the unreleased HD38x0's and Nvidia's high end is quite large. That's pathetic.

I'm not concerned as far as them making profits, they will, from the mainstream market, but enthusiasts who know better will probably turn to Nvidia for the time being. ATI needs to get their act together, what happened to the glory days of the 9700PRO? I wouldn't even consider the HD38x0 series unless it was priced REALLY competitively, like $149.99 for a Sapphire model.

now i think you've exaggerated a bit too much.. even if it was priced at 250ish range... it would still put up a nice competition for the 8800gt... and again, at an overclockers point of view.. i wouldnt doubt this thing is gonna overclock wonderfully w/ such a huge die drop.. thats not a joke of a drop.. from 80nm to 55... i probably won't be buying one of them myself... but i will give them some kudos... bringing out these cards at such low prices.. i mean everyone went nuts over the price/performance of the 2900pro.... then the gt comes out and suddenly eveything else is obsolete... just plain retarded... suddenly everything has to live up to the standards of the gt... i'm over it...

If the HD3800s sell in the $250 range, that'd be super-lame to the ultra hardcore max of suckage transcending beyond the realms of space and time. Why would I pay the same amount of money for inferior drivers, inferior Linux support, inferior performance, inferior warranty, inferior power consumption and inferior temperatures.. I mean, that looks to be ATI's staple nowadays. They suck in almost every aspect.

I have so little hope for the 3800s, but we'll wait and see, I'd love to be proven wrong, I really would, I don't like Nvidia because they're the mainstream gpu manufacturer. You ask a noob on the street what Nvidia is and he'll be like "I see the logo every time I start up BF2, so it must be good" What about ATI "No clue". Nvidia whores itself all over the place, a lot more than ATI does, so I'd like to see Nvidia just get bashed in the face and owned, same thing for Intel, but I just don't think it'll happen.

lol very true on warranty.. but i don't think thats ati's fault? i know the HIS 2900pro i bought was only a 1 year warranty... which sucks! lol

i'm praying these cards do well.. i've got some high hopes for it.. but i will not be buying an ATi myself... probably for a while... i'm finally gonna settle in and not try to be different.. because.. it just didnt work out this time.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom