Build My Own PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twist2008

Beta member
Good evening all.

About March next year I am looking to attempt to build my own PC. (yes attempt!)
:D

I want a farily good performance PC as I am quite an avid gamer. I would like to gain as much help as possible on this matter and found this website on Google and it looks very good from here!

I will probably be asking some very dumb questions, but hey they must be asked.

Do you think I should go for a dual core pentum. What is this quad core all about? I am not interested in AMD. Would rather have Penitum. What sort of motherboard would you guys recommend and which types of fans to keep the PC cool and a decent PSU.

I would like to try and do this on a rather good cost and save as much as possible.

And the reason im posting now is to find out as much as possible, because as above I will not start this until March!

So any help, hints or advice are most welcome. I look forward to hearing and recieving your help guys and girls!

Thankyou!

March is off a bit.. so there'll be some primo stuff worth getting your hands on...

Core 2 Quad q9450
some p35 board
some 9 series Geforce card or HD3xxx series card...
4gb of RAM
Corsair 520

and thats your basic system.. you do need to add some other stuff (case. monitor etc etc)

by Pentium Dual-Core u don't mean the Pentium D's right? because thats outdated.. and uses that old Netburst technology that we despise on this forum... or do u mean the Low End Core 2 Duos (aka e2xxx or e4xxx)

Best bet is to post a budget with you what you expect out of the build WHEN you want to build it. Not serveral months before..

Best bet is to post a budget with you what you expect out of the build WHEN you want to build it. Not serveral months before..

I am getting a rough idea thats all.

I would say my budget is around £400 so thats around $800

I have already got a monitor I will keep and keyboard and mouse.

I expect a good performance gaming PC that is also good for watching movies e.t.c.

March is off a bit.. so there'll be some primo stuff worth getting your hands on...

Core 2 Quad q9450
some p35 board
some 9 series Geforce card or HD3xxx series card...
4gb of RAM
Corsair 520

and thats your basic system.. you do need to add some other stuff (case. monitor etc etc)

by Pentium Dual-Core u don't mean the Pentium D's right? because thats outdated.. and uses that old Netburst technology that we despise on this forum... or do u mean the Low End Core 2 Duos (aka e2xxx or e4xxx)

Yep I meant the low end core 2 Duo's But if there is anything better that you recommend then fire at me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom