eVGA 8800GT 512mb, Superclocked,KO,SSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get the SSC for under 300 then sure buy it, but IMO just buy the cheaper versions and just overclock it.

SC .. I have one and have successfully pushed it beyond SCC's 'stock' clocks, and is stable as ever.

The only difference is that the more expensive cards are under warranty to run at those clocks in which the other versions of that card could readily achieve. In other words, save yourself some $ and go with the SC, unless you can find a SCC within $10.

WEll instead of making a new thread, just wanan let you guys know ordered my 8800GT XFX 600MHz should be here by the end of this week.

What is the best way to overclock?

and how far have peopl on this forum pushed their cards? Hoping to get it to 700MHz.

And what do I overclocked? GPu speed, shader speed? Does rivaturner offer all of these options?

For me, ATI tool is the easiest way to OC a GPU. It's just about effortless. However, I'm not sure if it is compatible with the 8800gt...yet.

Overclock the core to 700 and memory to 1k. DO NOT go past 1k memory speed for 24/7 usage or you will break the card. So far ive just left mine at the stock 650/950 and turn the fan up to 50% which seems to be the sweet spot of cooling and not sounding like a hair dryer.

Overclock the core to 700 and memory to 1k. DO NOT go past 1k memory speed for 24/7 usage or you will break the card. So far ive just left mine at the stock 650/950 and turn the fan up to 50% which seems to be the sweet spot of cooling and not sounding like a hair dryer.

Break the card lol? Geez makes me scared but XFX has a good warrenty.

So core speed to at least 700, what should i make the other stuff? I know shader speed impacts it a lot.

Playing around in ATI tool i got artifacts if i went over 720 core and i didnt mess much with oc'ing the memory just because i'd rather not fry the card. Shader is connected to the core clock, but i think rivatuner lets you adjust it independantly.

Lets just say that at 700core/2000memory and single card, i scored 14k 3dmark06 :)

Playing around in ATI tool i got artifacts if i went over 720 core and i didnt mess much with oc'ing the memory just because i'd rather not fry the card. Shader is connected to the core clock, but i think rivatuner lets you adjust it independantly.

Lets just say that at 700core/2000memory and single card, i scored 14k 3dmark06 :)

Ok well did you just say dont take memory past 2000? I am confused lol.

I will just make a new thread when I get it lol,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom