*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

like a concrete block tied to the feet of a guy who walks the plank. if they ever get it together...their cards would be unstoppable.
phenom? me? NO FRIGGIN WAY! lol of course...of course.
i've always preferred Nvidia cards...gave the 2900 a try because of its awesome price/performance at the time. 8800gt has just as good p/p, and i get drivers/interface/overclocking that i like so much.
but amd's quad core is of a completely different structure than intels, so really it is new. it'll do fine.
lol n-dog i dont argue with maroon to much anymore. we actually agreed on a few things as of late.

like a concrete block tied to the feet of a guy who walks the plank. if they ever get it together...their cards would be unstoppable.
phenom? me? NO FRIGGIN WAY! lol of course...of course.
i've always preferred Nvidia cards...gave the 2900 a try because of its awesome price/performance at the time. 8800gt has just as good p/p, and i get drivers/interface/overclocking that i like so much.
but amd's quad core is of a completely different structure than intels, so really it is new. it'll do fine.
lol n-dog i dont argue with maroon to much anymore. we actually agreed on a few things as of late.

haha.. ya things are real quiet like lately..

ah...re unite....
well my gf's laptop has an ati gfx card and i hate ccc....nvidia is better.

I'm just glad i didn't conform to the C2D Intel massacre of 2006-2007.

C2D are really good, I don't see whats the problem. Last year when I was building my rig I looked at AMD vs. Intel. And I saw that from the price range i was looking at Intel smoked AMD in all the benchmarks , I went with best performance. I was really was an AMD fanboy but I saw the benchmarks and went with the better CPU.

i was all about AMD as well until I changed to an e6300. Even with the e6300 @ 2.8ghz I noticed a significant difference to my 3.03ghz 4400x2

The mobo was 190 after rebate, which really isnt bad considering that a its only a few bucks more than a GOOD p35 board and im really digging all the extras the board comes with. Since its an nvidia chipset i can actually run the ntune to optimize the board/gpu setup.
One thing though that is annoying me is that i cant get it to run 4-4-4-12 1t like my ds3r did. Anytime i try to set it to 1t timings it hangs up and tells me to fix the settings.

i'll be the first to say, nTune sucks...you'll be better off uninstalling it.

also, if you need help with your voltages. remember this:

FSB: 1.5v
MCP: 1.55v
SPP: 1.6v
HT: 1.55v

use those and no less. you will have a much better OC with your CPU.

Back
Top Bottom