AOL Gah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonRoy

Beta member
2hf6hx3.jpg

Wow I am so tired of this popup.

I understand that it's hard to completely get AOL out of your system. I uninstalled the program and deleted any AOL registry I could find. I searched my computer for AOL files. There's alot still left but I cant delete them because "file not found on disk" or something.

How can I stop this annoying AOL popup??

I'm using windows XP.

Not sure how to help you, but, where did you get the Vista'ish XP theme?

All the themes I downloaded I got tired of within a few days.

Are you fully updated? I used to get a bunch of those fake security updates when i first installed and before i updated to sp2 (my cd doesnt have sp2). I would make sure you have ALL of the windows updates, and turn on your popup blocker thats in IE7/Firefox.

Not sure how to help you, but, where did you get the Vista'ish XP theme?

All the themes I downloaded I got tired of within a few days.

I honestly can't remember where I got my vista theme.
All I remember is using the uxtheme.dll patch. Then found the theme somewhere. Sorry it's been a while.

Are you fully updated? I used to get a bunch of those fake security updates when i first installed and before i updated to sp2 (my cd doesnt have sp2). I would make sure you have ALL of the windows updates, and turn on your popup blocker thats in IE7/Firefox.

Yes I'm fully updated. I have SP2. I use popup blockers. This popup happens even if I disconnect with no browser open. and it happens over and over again about ever 20 minutes.

I uninstalled AOL about 3 weeks ago. But this popup has been happening for a few days now.

Run a google search for it. I'm guessing someone has had to deal with AOL in the past. Might try running spybot or adaware, but not sure how much they care about aol stuff these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom