Wireless printing....need setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Alright, i have 2 pc's;one's downstairs(which i use mainly) and the other is upstairs.

I currently have dsl and have made it wireless so the upstairs computer has internet connection....i use a usb wireless adapter to make the wireless work for the upstairs computer.

Now i have a printer downstairs, and i was wondering if there is a way to do wireless printing.
So i want it in such a way so i can print from upstairs even though the printer is connected downstairs.
I'm not even sure if thats possible, but i have have some feeling it is...

Sorry if i've been confusing.

Share the printer on the PC then add it to the one with the wrieless connection. As long as they are in the same workgroup and IP range you should be fine. The PC that has the printer connected to it will have to be on and somebody logged in for printing to happen. If it is a USB printer, you may have some issues finding it on the network.

well both the pcs are on 24/7 and i leave the printer on too.
And my printer has a usb cable thats connects from the printer to the pc...if thats what you mean by usb printer???

Im at work right now, so ill have to check up what you just mentioned.
Thanks.

I had no trouble connecting using a usb printer. I just setup a network between the computers and turned on printer sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom