*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer
New score, #1 woohoo.

As far as vista, i'll be switching soon, but ive been blowing all my computer budget on hardware lately :p I still need to pick up another 2gb of ram and e2180 for the htpc and vista 32 before i get vista 64 for my gaming rig.

Specs for this score were q6600@3650, and SLI GT @700/1000

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer
New score, #1 woohoo.

As far as vista, i'll be switching soon, but ive been blowing all my computer budget on hardware lately :p I still need to pick up another 2gb of ram and e2180 for the htpc and vista 32 before i get vista 64 for my gaming rig.

Specs for this score were q6600@3650, and SLI GT @700/1000
Very nice! Those quad cores bring some seriously nice CPU results about. That adds quite a bit to those scores. These aren't suicide benchies are they? :D

Yea, but two GTs is cheaper than an ultra!

welll...not really.
If you come to think of it, to get SLI, you need an SLI board, which costs more.
And now an ultra goes for around $550.

So in the end its around the same...

My 2 GT's cost 470 shipped :) The cheapest ultra i could have gotten was 560 at microcenter and would ahve been taxed making it around 600. I will admit, it does suck to have to give up my 2nd monitor when using SLI.

well how much did you mobo cost?
And you got lucky with those prices....right now they go for around 260-280 each.

But if i was building a pc right now, i would go with 8800GT in SLI...no doubt.

The mobo was 190 after rebate, which really isnt bad considering that a its only a few bucks more than a GOOD p35 board and im really digging all the extras the board comes with. Since its an nvidia chipset i can actually run the ntune to optimize the board/gpu setup.
One thing though that is annoying me is that i cant get it to run 4-4-4-12 1t like my ds3r did. Anytime i try to set it to 1t timings it hangs up and tells me to fix the settings.

well the only upgrade im considering is another 2gb of ram and the q9450.

Nice job on your new rig though

Back
Top Bottom