The Vista Death Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apok has made the best comments in the thread. ^_^. and yeah they are forcing it. just read his two posts XD

Anyhow I'm not saying vista is perfect, or runs AS smoothly as XP. What I am saying is I'm tired of every tom, joe and harry goin around announcing to the world that vista sucks don't get it.. Then you get those people, who havent tried it, going around doing the same thing. Then it all ends up in the creation of threads like this.

Ste said:
2. So is in arguement when it comes right down to it, especially on he internet..
An argument is an argument, doesnt matter where it is. Having it on the internet is no different since its a viable means of communication. All it is is a conflict of opinions. I happen to like arguing. you learn things in a good argument, if you're willing to listen.

Yes XP IS faster, but honestly now, vista is Not the speed of a slug. you're talking a comparison of like 1 second slower internet browsing. Have a smoke and calm down if your that impatient heh. Yes there is a noticable Drop in gaming performance when using dx10. That is a big enough downside for most people. i myself don't care, because I like the eyecandy, and know it will improve with better cards and all that.

I'm not saying vista is better than XP. I'm saying its a good OS if you're running a high end rig. So grow up a bit and stop going around promoting an anti-vista religion.

Just my .02

An argument is an argument, doesnt matter where it is. Having it on the internet is no different since its a viable means of communication. All it is is a conflict of opinions. I happen to like arguing. you learn things in a good argument, if you're willing to listen.

Some day you may understand oh young one, but that is not this day..

lol So if I came to your place or we went to a bar and had the same argument word for word, it would mean something. But just because were using a different means of communication. It doesn't mean anything. Is that right? Sorry if I don't get it I'm just trying to find your reasoning. yeah if were were all namecalling and being retarded sure. Thats ridiculous IRL as well. I figured this as a valid debate and see no problem with it being over the internet.

lol...only red 2nd page and ericb makes me smile, only because it's insanely silly or juvenile, to bash a product in a forum that is for that product.

This simple quote, speaks of the extreme closed mindedness "let face facts. vista sucks." When someone thinks their opinion represents those of countless anons, it's not a good thing.

Love and like what you will, be happy with yourself and you will see the truth of it all. ;)

EDIT:
Trotter's Windows 7 comment...
that will be another entertaining thing. I am sure many of us wish them to go fully forward with no backwards compatibility, but I also do know many who would hate them for it. That will be one big tough decision.
I think MS should of course, go full bore with no backwards compat, it will be a right step in tech advancement.
I think they should release an official emu of sorts. Though someone out there most likely will, ie., Dosbox. But if they went this route, and included a dos/winlegacy app in the package, it would be great.

New MS operating systems always look like they are selling well,
because they are installed on new machines by default.

So...if a machine is sold, then MS get's a sale.

lol So if I came to your place or we went to a bar and had the same argument word for word, it would mean something. But just because were using a different means of communication. It doesn't mean anything. Is that right? Sorry if I don't get it I'm just trying to find your reasoning. yeah if were were all namecalling and being retarded sure. Thats ridiculous IRL as well. I figured this as a valid debate and see no problem with it being over the internet.

Well, anywhere, but more so if its on the internet..

Oh and well, if your looking for reason behind my statement unless you go insane first..
:)
Your hurt yourself less if you try not to understand my statement. So I reccomend you don't think about it.

lol okay then. you win? :p hah

tofu said:
I think MS should of course, go full bore with no backwards compat, it will be a right step in tech advancement.
Amen XD they wouldn't do that for fear of shooting themselves in the foot.. but I would love to be proven wrong.

What is this "win" you speak of???
<Confused..!

lol just goofin off. havin fun arguing. most people tend to go j00 zux nubzaus ;p drives me batty.

but seriously. yeah vista has its faults. yeah it sux m$ is railroading people into it. but its still a good OS and doesn't merit every kid and their pet going "nuuu!111!! it sux! d0nt eva use eeet!?!2!!". Lot's of people are perfectly happy with the way it performs. I can wait an extra 1 second for a web page to load. As for drops in gamign performance. Just gonna stick it out. Maybe the new dx10 cards will handle it better. As far as listign other things that make vista better? There arent any. Didn't say it was better. As far as I see dx10 is the only thing going for it besides the nice organisation and eyecandy such. So what? Thats enough for me and many others. yeah 90% of people dont wanna pay whatever it costs for no Real core improvement. Then don't. XP is still goign to work well for a long time and obviously you don't care much about dx10 so why get worked up about it. Ignore the existance of vista altogether and quit making thread's about "Vista's doom/deathwatch/suxomgdontgetit". Unless you secretly like vista but can't afford to get it. warezforum.info in that case. XD

this says it all. I know. pro vista people won't absorb one word of it.

pc world said:
So what can Microsoft do to improve things with Vista? Here are three suggestions:

1. It can give up on the stupid variations and lower the price on the one good Vista, Vista Ultimate. I'd say $99 would be a price everyone can live with.

2. Microsoft can scuttle the entire product. Why not? Work on a whole new OS starting today with one team and work on SP3 for XP with another team to keep users on Windows.

3. Roll out Vista 2.0. Figure out some way to add some nifty features, perhaps stolen from the next version of the Mac OS. Bring in some outside designers if you have to. Oh, and lower the price on this one, too.

I remember the old Bill Gates speeches of the mid-1980s when Microsoft, as he told it, "sold code." Selling code was what he did, and selling code is a terrific business once you are established. It's even better if you can monopolize a market with your code. It's easy money compared with most businesses. Halo 3 is code. It sold $175 million worth of code on its first day of release. Once code is fixed in place and burned onto a CD-ROM or DVD, it has a manufacturing cost of a buck or two and sells for anywhere from $30 to $1,000 or more.

But Microsoft sees a new kid on the block, Google. Google is a service combined with an advertising sales engine. It looks profitable, too. But is it as profitable as selling code? Apparently Microsoft thinks it might be. Besides, there is no $2 manufacturing cost.

Until now, Microsoft could sell code better than anyone, but it seems the company would rather sell services: software as a service, ads, search engine results—you name it. This is like the local storefront that opens as a knife-sharpening business and is soon selling junk jewelry, moose heads, toaster repair, and cheap chocolate. In the meantime, the knife-sharpening business goes by the wayside. This is what has happened to Microsoft, and Vista is the result.

I'm certainly not going to be a happy camper if I have to switch to a Mac or Linux system full-time, yet that is exactly where this scatterbrained company seems to be sending me.

I am realist. I'm a independent person too. I judge everything for myself, by myself. I could care less about somebody's opinion. my opinion is what matter to me

I look into stuff open minded. most people look at stuff narrow minded.

I gave vista all kind of chances, yet I kept going back to xp. a lot of people have done the same. the funny thing is 70 percent of you guys that don't agree with me are still using xp. do you care to explain that?

people that had windows xp when it first came out didn't go back to windows 98. so stop comparing xp debut with vista's. everybody loved xp. only the dos tech didn't like it. so instead of bashing me, go delete xp off of your hdd and use vista exclusively. you won't. why? because you can't.

which brings back my point

vista isn't an improvement on xp. it isn't an opinion it's a fact. but it is here to stay. the monopoly also known as MS have brainwashed millions into thinking that vista is better.

last time I checked atomic tofu, this was a tech forum designed to help people. it is not a vista promoter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom