The Vista Death Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apokalipse im just saying if vista works on one pc, then why is it vista's fault if it doesnt work as well on another? its clearly the pc/user at fault.
I think its a case of trying it, i mean we both know you can test it for free, if you dont like it fair enough, or if things dont work etc go back to xp.

For me it works just aswell as xp did except ive got DX10 gaming when i get a DX10 card, and ive got a nicer looking desktop(i dont like using windowblinds etc on xp)its a win win situation for me ;)

I have hopes for windows 7. Hopefully M$ will drop some of the "fully backwards compatability" in favor of tighter code and fewer holes. Even if they have to drop compatability to XP and Vista, it would be a clean break and a completely new platform.

lol sounds to me like your being a blind fanboy. >.> I can't see what's giving you headaches. i have no problems what so ever. wheras I could crash xp daily. yeah xp is fast and great and all that. i'm not havign any speed issues with vista. if your nitpicking about a 1.5 second startup difference.. give me a break.

Sounds like just another run of the mill closed-minded stubborn argument.

tips to keep xp stable

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-keep-winxp-really-fast-stable-156582/

what do everybody mention a slow start time as the reason vista is slow? I'm a computer expert inside and out. vista is slower in everything. I have a 15mbps internet connection yet browsing the net in vista is slow.

I have a amd 4600 4 gig 1000 gig machine, yet vista is slower in every single thing that you do with it. I can tell this stuff on my own without test equipment, but if you insist on proof pick up any pc magazine and watch the test comparison on software on xp and vista

mac upgrade their software. vista is a very pretty xp downgrade. it will get worse with sp1. I notice that nobody mention anything superior about vista yet but directx. whatever happened to winfs again? vista could be faster if they took the extra in house spyware (with the kill switch) out

funny when xp came out nobody delete xp and install windows 98. I know guys that are putting pirated version of xp on their costumer's legit vista machines. that fact alone tells you that vista isn't any good

I am an xp fanboy. I'm jocking something that actually works

These arguments that Vista is just XP with a facelift and added resource usage are ridiculous. Vista is a complete rebuild from the ground up. It's security abilities go beyond the UAC. In XP a virus could enter through the printer driver and ravage the entire computer. In Vista that virus would be contained in that compartment. Under the hood, Vista is nothing like XP.

About Vista needing more resources, that's just the evolution of the technology world. When XP came out, it required a 300 MHz proc and 128 MB RAM was recommended. It wouldn't run on some Windows 95 computers which required a 486 (or 386 with math co-processor) and 8 MB of RAM. It's just the evolution of computers and OS's that Vista would have bigger requirements.

About the theory that Vista will never be as fast as XP, SP1 reportedly give major speed increases.

Vista is not perfect, but it is an advance from XP. I turned off UAC and I now have no complaints.

vista is nothing but xp with better in house spyware. the only reason that they have any sales at all is because they are forcing it on you. it had directx 10 and nothing else. I wipe at least 3-4 computer a week and put xp on them
They have not forced nothing. If they did then why is Dell and every one else offering XP still? As for in house spyware...with everything i have done on Vista if the whole spyware thing was true i would have the Secret Service knocking at my door long ago. Sorry but that is more paranoia than anything.
microsoft, yes. other os's or software? not necessarily... take Ubuntu for example. their code is free source, and rightly made so. the people using it are the ones building on the next release. alot, if not most, other software companies release a FINISHED product, unlike microsoft who likes to make a ton of money by making sure that people have to come back for repairs and/or assistence.
Also Ubuntu isnt perfect. Actually it is far from it. With in a week of 7.10's release there was already 1 flaw found and a major bug found. the flaw being that it over works your HDD and the bug is with anybody who runs a 6800 series card.

So everyone has a negative experience with Vista...i still have to ask why it is only here that i see this? Of all the other forums i regular there is maybe 1 person who has any kind of issue with Vista. Of all the applications i have tried there was maybe 5 out of all that i couldnt get to work on Vista. So really what is the problem? Put simply if you dont like it DONT FREAKING BUY IT. Do what 50% of the world is doing and pirate it. If you like it later on then buy it. I mean seriously this is so old and tiring to see all this Vista bashing when in another 2 years when Windows 7 is slated to be released all the talk will be how great Vista is and how bad Windows 7 is.

Seriously people can we stop this marry go round? Cause it happens EVERYTIME a new Windows comes out. It is old and pathetic to see this arguement every few years. Everybody said the same things back when XP was released. But no one remembers that or cares to admit that they said the same things back than. No thye just praise XP for being a God Send and bash Vista....so bored with this same conversation that happens every release of Windows.

If you dont like it dont use it. Stop preaching to people about how you dont like it and how bad you think it is. Because not everybody has had nor will they have the same experience as you.

The real bottom line is that this isn't a chest-pounding contest. No one is going to win this argument. People are going to love xp, and others are going to love Vista.

If it doesn't run well on your computer, upgrade. I don't see people bashing dvd players because they don't run on their fatty 1980 12 inch tv. Stop saying "vista sux nutz cuz it lagz hxc on my 1.2 GHz 512 ram p.o.s." If you're going to spend $300 on the "new" operating system, put a decent amount into an upgrade if not a whole new system.

I have 2 gigs of ram and vista runs fine with aero on and the res maxed for my monitor. The load up time is as quick as xp.

Whoever said Ubuntu comes out of the "box" completely finished, is completely ignorant. Having multiple system updates right after my first install seems to tell me that they found bugs...

This vista argument is retarded. That's that.

1.If it doesn't run well on your computer, upgrade. I don't see people bashing dvd players because they don't run on their fatty 1980 12 inch tv. Stop saying "vista sux nutz cuz it lagz hxc on my 1.2 GHz 512 ram p.o.s." If you're going to spend $300 on the "new" operating system, put a decent amount into an upgrade if not a whole new system.

1.I have 2 gigs of ram and vista runs fine with aero on and the res maxed for my monitor. The load up time is as quick as xp.

2.This vista argument is retarded. That's that.

1.Apparently you did not read Appocs posts..

2. So is in arguement when it comes right down to it, especially on he internet..

They have not forced nothing. If they did then why is Dell and every one else offering XP still? As for in house spyware...with everything i have done on Vista if the whole spyware thing was true i would have the Secret Service knocking at my door long ago. Sorry but that is more paranoia than anything.

Also Ubuntu isnt perfect. Actually it is far from it. With in a week of 7.10's release there was already 1 flaw found and a major bug found. the flaw being that it over works your HDD and the bug is with anybody who runs a 6800 series card.

So everyone has a negative experience with Vista...i still have to ask why it is only here that i see this? Of all the other forums i regular there is maybe 1 person who has any kind of issue with Vista. Of all the applications i have tried there was maybe 5 out of all that i couldnt get to work on Vista. So really what is the problem? Put simply if you dont like it DONT FREAKING BUY IT. Do what 50% of the world is doing and pirate it. If you like it later on then buy it. I mean seriously this is so old and tiring to see all this Vista bashing when in another 2 years when Windows 7 is slated to be released all the talk will be how great Vista is and how bad Windows 7 is.

Seriously people can we stop this marry go round? Cause it happens EVERYTIME a new Windows comes out. It is old and pathetic to see this arguement every few years. Everybody said the same things back when XP was released. But no one remembers that or cares to admit that they said the same things back than. No thye just praise XP for being a God Send and bash Vista....so bored with this same conversation that happens every release of Windows.

If you dont like it dont use it. Stop preaching to people about how you dont like it and how bad you think it is. Because not everybody has had nor will they have the same experience as you.

they are not forcing it. not that's funny

just give me my money back on my store bought copy. I don't use vista. I use to dual boot it. I've been wipe it out.
I have a dell that came with vista. I wipe it and put media center on it. give me my money back on that too

you ain't going to see the kill switch through their in house spyware anytime soon. it will be awhile. the simple fact is it's there. just because you haven't seen it and you were a beta tester doesn't mean anything. it was design for you not to detect it. it is a ms exclusive. they enable it in a year or two whenever the money stops rolling in.

anybody that think that vista was design from the ground up know little about computers. longhorn was kinda designed from the ground up, but it didn't work. period. so they went back to the xp drawing board.

vista is nothing but xp with extra's. vista lovers are going to argue differently but nobody is going to produce proof stating otherwise. vista 32 bit was suppose to overcome the 3 gig limitation. guess what? it didn't.

why is everybody ignoring the winfs question? that was suppose to be the main advantage of vista (longhorn). copernic seems to have it down pat

I'm triple booting and honestly don't even use vista. I am trying to learn linux, and use xp when that... doesn't work out. I have no need to use vista. I don't care about the "pretty" desktop- I have pretty much everything turned off in xp and use the classic toolbar theme. But since Vista is MS's next big thing I'm going to keep it on anyway, and use it when/if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom