RV670XT is going to be 10% slower than 8800GT (from fudzilla)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD I never really expected them to build a card to beat nVidia performance wise. What I was expecting was some well priced alternatives to nVidia for the ati fans.

Because ATI doesnt have the technology to rival nvidia's high end cards ?

Well I was talking about them purposely downclocking their cards by a large amount. I wouldn't understand why they would do that when they are at a disadvantage to Nvidia's cards.

I'm just going by what ive read about the cards. ATI is supposedly setting the new cards as midrange cards with the 2900s still being the high end. ITs pretty much the same thing nvidia just did. They're making their high end cards irrelevent.

I'm just going by what ive read about the cards. ATI is supposedly setting the new cards as midrange cards with the 2900s still being the high end. ITs pretty much the same thing nvidia just did. They're making their high end cards irrelevent.

which is really irritating btw lol. they're still good cards and all and its great that they're shooting for the mid range where the majority of people can/are willing to pay for them.

But the few who are willing to save an extra 2 weeks to shell out for an enthusiast card are getting forgotten >.>

And yeah its just smart marketting and a betetr way to make money. doesn't change the fact that its irritating and nothign can be done about it hahaha

why release a new series of cards if its gonna perform shitier then the
2900xt?

thats what im saying....it isnt gonna help their sales, cos everyone will just goto the 8800gt.
The 8800gt IS the best bang for the buck...
and from all the issues ati has had with drivers...i dont seem them getting ahead of nvidia for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom