The Vista Death Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
suprisingly vista is currently up in sales...
it had a lot of problems when it came out, but which os didnt?
and they have worked out a lot of stuff since it came out.

aye. 90% of the people bashing windows vista now are just doing it because everyone else was bashing windows. half of them haven't even used it and refuse to because it "sucks". Wonder how they know without tryin lol

Yeah it had its problems when it came out. When xp was realeased it was absolute crap too. Now everyones clinging to it like a life preserver lol.

once more people realise its a lot better than it was and still being improved this kinda thing'll slow down. most people sayin it runs slow need more ram anyway...

ME II my rear end. Now THAT was a pos OS lol.

I think I read somewhere that Vista has sold more copies for how long it has been out than XP did when it was out this long.

I'm not sure if that is right or not, but I think people are exaggerating quite a bit on how 'doomed' Vista really is.

I just think a lot of people arent gonna bother switchign untill DX10 offers something worth paying that kind of cash to make the switch. And some cards that run it fully. Otherwise for most there's no other real reason at all.

Myself I liked the whole prospect of dx10. fully utilized or not. It the small things in games that really catch my eye. I like paying attention to details like that.

If anything vistas extra security is just plain annoying. And Most of the interface eye candy can be emulated in XP anyway.

In fact grab the AlienGUI skins and I think xp looks better anyway. I haven't seen any vista skins yet. Havent looked too hard but I havent even heard of anything yet. probably why I havent bothered looking.

dunno what you know but I never paid for any of my OS upgrades- like service packs and stuff, and I've always used windows... never had to "come back for repairs or assistance" either... if a problem happened it was normally MY fault (or someone who used it) and easy format/reload fixed it...

Everyones still bashing on Microsoft.. just face the facts and accept it- MS is a good OS, Vista being targeted by every tom **** and harry is just getting rediculous- if you don't like it- don't use it personally- HOWEVER don't dog it because you don't use it- it's not MS fault or Vista things don't work- you can take steps to fix things- the most common is downloading the most recent drivers for games- people just get to lazy too and say "it won't work with vista" then vista gets bashed yet again for no reason.

I love vista, I love XP, however I will be buying my own copy of vista for my new rig- and NO ONE is forcing me to, I enjoy it and it has MUCH more security standard then any other OS.(and Iam not counting every tom, ****, or harry OS that your buddy made- those aren't my style and I'd rather have a company behind my computer)

Once again- if you don't like vista- Don't use it- but Don't say its horrible- that's just your opinion. I bet 98% of vista buyers are happy with it- straight out of the box. and for those of you that don't own it.. because you won't buy it or try it seriously for more then a day- your the worste type of informant. Buy it, Try it, Use it.

let face facts. vista sucks. I bought the POS when it first came out.
I still haven't use more than 30-40 hours on it because I don't like migraine headaches. I"m think about suing ms for releasing the garbage and making me waste my money .

stop being blind fanboys. xp was and still is the best OS ever.

- Windows XP: Still the One - Columns by PC Magazine

when it came out it was blazing fast. it wasn't that safe. and programs wasn't compatible but that 90% of those issues was fix in less than 6 months so don't use that same tired line with vista. xp was never crap. vista will never be faster than xp.

it also wasn't force on you like vista. most machine was being sold with windows 98 when xp first came out even though xp could work on them. xp was 32bit and it was the most simplest OS ever. period. vista is the most complicated easy OS ever

name 1 advantage of vista over xp besides directx 10. you can't

let see......

windows me was windows 98 with a different look,
now tell me. what it vista?

xp with a different look and it also has a kill switch. you all just don't realize that part yet

Ms should had made it 64 bit only. that alone would have justified upgrading because they would have work a little harder making everything compatible with 64bit. but they didn't and they still don't care about 64 bit (probably because amd made it). 64 bit is the future. MS just wanted to make a little extra money on the side before they work exclusively on 64 bit

BTW. whatever happen to winfs?

lol sounds to me like your being a blind fanboy. >.> I can't see what's giving you headaches. i have no problems what so ever. wheras I could crash xp daily. yeah xp is fast and great and all that. i'm not havign any speed issues with vista. if your nitpicking about a 1.5 second startup difference.. give me a break.

Sounds like just another run of the mill closed-minded stubborn argument.

*yawn*

Sorry dont believe it. If it is ME II then why were so many licenses already sold. Why is it gaining in market share while XP is dropping. Maybe not to the numbers that were expected but having over 10% right now compared to the 3% they had at release is a increase.
1. more PC's are being sold these days
2. just about every computer sold comes with Vista
3. Microsoft won't make DirectX 10 available on XP

All Microsoft is doing is creating bigger resource-hogs, which look prettier.

With each OS release, security holes are created all over the place, which it then has to fix

Then, they create something that will not allow people to use newer programs on their older OS's (DirectX 10), to force the rest over to their new OS

There's nothing wrong with DirectX 9.0c, or even OpenGL. Plus, there's no technical reason DirectX 10 won't work on XP - there was going to be, but thanks to Nvidia, that's changed. And I strongly suspect that Microsoft were deliberately setting out to make DirectX 10 incompatible with XP.

It's not that Microsoft can't make DirectX 10 for XP. It's that they won't.

Yes, I've used Vista. Yes, XP was buggy when it was released, but not nearly as buggy as Vista. XP was built on Windows 2000, which was (and still is) pretty stable. Vista is just a whole lot different. And different does not mean better.

Yes, a lot of the bugs can be fixed in Vista. But XP is still much, much less buggy right now. And it's faster.

Macintosh seems to have absolutely no problem with upgrading its OS's. They don't rebuild their whole OS, just so that it's different. They keep their existing OS, and improve it. And by improve, that actually means improve. Not just change.

How long have Macintosh been sticking to OS X? And it's still being used and improved today.

No, I'm not a Mac fanboy. And no, I don't think OS X is always better than Microsoft's OS's. But it has a much better way of updating its OS's.

LOL at some of these replys.
Vista works fine now, when i first bought it it worked BUT i couldnt get my X-fi sound card working and my webcam wouldnt install, so i went back to xp for 5months.
Now 2 weeks ago i decided to buy Vista Ultimate and give it another go and hey presto, my sound works fully, webcam still didnt have any drivers but thats not vista's fault, got another cam for peanuts which is vista compatible and now everything works, and the whole OS with Aero turned on runs and boots up just as fast as xp pro did for me on my pc.

I find the people who complain about vista being slow etc are the people who have low spec pc's.
End of the day if tom, joe, john, david(random names i made up) have vista and it works great then IT WILL work great for everyone, if it doesnt id check your pc specs or check that you actually have a clue what your doing lol

LOL at some of these replys.
Vista works fine now, when i first bought it it worked BUT i couldnt get my X-fi sound card working and my webcam wouldnt install, so i went back to xp for 5months.
Now 2 weeks ago i decided to buy Vista Ultimate and give it another go and hey presto, my sound works fully, webcam still didnt have any drivers but thats not vista's fault, got another cam for peanuts which is vista compatible and now everything works, and the whole OS with Aero turned on runs and boots up just as fast as xp pro did for me on my pc.

I find the people who complain about vista being slow etc are the people who have low spec pc's.
Now that's being a little presumptuous.

My system has 2GB RAM, a 6000+, an 8800 GTS, and a 10,000RPM Raptor hard drive.
Vista is still slower than XP.

I find that the people who say that Vista runs okay are the people who have high-end PC's.
Whereas, XP will work fast on a significantly lower spec machine, and Vista will just crawl.
And for those with quite old systems that have, for example 64MB-128MB RAM, Windows 2000 can run better than any other Microsoft OS.

End of the day if tom, joe, john, david(random names i made up) have vista and it works great then IT WILL work great for everyone
Not really. Given that there are countless computer configurations (for hardware and software).

XP works best all-round. There might be a few programs now that will only run on Vista (but only because Microsoft made it so), but there are still much more programs that will work flawlessly on XP, for example.

if it doesnt id check your pc specs or check that you actually have a clue what your doing lol
Why should people have to bother looking for hardware specifically for a new OS, when the existing OS will utilise it just fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom