Gaming lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to mix ram it will only run at the speed of the slowest ram in the system.

For example...if you have 2x512mb 333mhz and mix it with another 2gb 400mhz (PC2 6400)...it will all only run at 333mhz.

Getting a pair of 6400mhz ram will get you a performance increase, though not a very significant one, and you'd have to take out the 1gb from before.

Personally, I say just get another 2gb of the same 5300 stuff...3gb of ram at 333mhz is better than 2gb of ram at 400mhz.

This is all assuming you have 4 slots (which CPU-Z will tell you)

I have 4 slots, I currently have 2x 512 mb sticks in, I can take them out and stick the 2 new 1g RAM sticks, and maybe buy another 2g.. buy 4g for 100 bucks, and my max is 4g, so..

But if I stick the 2g of new RAM in, it will only run at 333 MHz, will that solve my lag problems?

I would just stick another 2gb in with the current 1gb. 3gb is plenty.

And 333vs800mhz isn't too much of an issue. If you still have lagging problems then something else is causing it...however from what you have described the 1gb memory sounds like the problem to me.

You'll be pleased with the difference. The entire puter should feel faster even doing normal browsing/windows stuff....not to mention loading and boot times.

If the problem is still there then feel free to e-slap us and demand more answers

the ram is most likely the problem.. i had an x1950xtx and 1gb ram and i had the very same problem... upgraded to 2gb.. fixed everything

aye i've got 1gb of some old junk ram and same thing. course im not running great vid card either lol ; ;. upgrade that and you should be good to go.

speed test is cool btw lol

my computer had a harder time loading the images than doing the test XD
rogers throttles upload speed like mad where i am >.> irritating. cant even think about using bittorrent either. luckily i still have pretty stellar performance as far as multiplayer goes. when the rest of my system can handle the game that is.

Once you get your RAM, disable paging file. It'll make things heaps faster.
Personally, I say just get another 2gb of the same 5300 stuff...3gb of ram at 333mhz is better than 2gb of ram at 400mhz.
Not really. Not if it doesn't use over 2GB.

When I play BF2 (on high settings) the highest it will reach is around 1.5GB when loading sometimes, but usually hangs around 1.2GB. I have paging file disabled.
course im not running great vid card either lol
your sig says 8800 Ultra.

4GB has shown to give about a 6% performance increase over 2gb in BF2. hardly amazing, but more ram will make the entire puter run faster...I've had 1,2,3, and 4gb ram in my computer with an identical setup and couldn't really tell a difference between 3 and 4gb but could definitely tell a difference between 2 and 3gb.

Also I have found that crysis uses about 3.25gb of memory..and ET:QW uses about 3gb.

However, I haven't disabled the paging file after 2gb (with 2gb i found it made the puter slowish, especially when exiting memory hogging games like bf2142) so you may be right that disabling it makes things loads faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom