Building comp for my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
hhmm, yeah I just read the reviews on newegg for this PSU, and I guess the only problems they have with it is noise, but with a $30 MIR, which makes it come out to $30 I'm not sure what the problem is.

and I've heard bad things about Rosewill, haven't heard much on cooler master, although I assume it's not much better, only PSU I've used successfully is XClio, but they're rather pricey.

and so far I've only ordered the PSU...I guess I can cancel the order as it hasn't shipped yet.

anybody else have any beefs with the cooler master PSU? just wanna get some more reviews and suggestions on another PSU before i hit the bed or cancel my order.

EDIT: Oh and yes I will be overclocking, but my friend has a strict budget, so I'm going to order an aftermarket heatsink at a later time. I figure I can get it to 2.5 ghz on stock cooling conservatively.

the x1900xt is not a very efficient card and the coolermaster doesn't have very beefy 12v+ rails, thats why I'm not recommending it. It will most likely run everything, but it will be operating close to its max capacity and I wouldn't recommend doing that on a cheapy PSU (coolermaster is not known for quality power supplies)

Also rosewill/fortron/xclio are all excellent budget power supplies...I'm not sure why you've heard bad things about Rosewill.

Dang, too late to cancel the order, well hopefully everything turns out ok, I'll let you guys know next week how everything goes.

I have a question, now I was reading the required stuff for a X1950XT (not exact same card but close) and it says it requires 30Amps.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RP-550-PCAR ATX from factor 12V V2.01 550W Power Supply 110-115V/ 220-230V Nemko, TUV, cUL, CE, BSM, FCC, CCC - Retail

this is the Power supply I ordered, and I'm wondering how I calculate Amps.

I guess the 12V rail has 16Amps? do i add up Amps? I don't get it, here's the link to the video card specs

GECUBE Internet, 3D Gaming&Entertainment

at the bottom.

I run a x1900xt 512mb and I've got a Seasonic s12 500 watter.

Rig runs perfect. SO you should be alright regarding power.

alright, awesome, thanks for giving me that confidence, I woulda hated for his computer to fizzle when i try and start it up.

I've also known of a few people who had problems running x1900s and x1950s on power supplies with dual 12v rails with 15-16a each...

Only way to know is try i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom