Need some advice (amd/intel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapperX

Putting the X in Sapper
Alright I need a little advice, and try to make it as unbiased as possible. I fell out of the loop in the recent months, what is currently a better deal for a medium budget gaming build, AMD or Intel? I have been an AMD fanboy for about 3 years, but I know intel passed them up with core 2. Is this still the case for medium priced rigs?

Hmm, maybe any budget $900 or more would be better off with Intel. Maybe even $800. (for just the tower)

How about you post your budget and we can get a better idea of how much your going to be spending on a processor, and then We can suggest a few ( one way or the other)

if you can Id wait a lil, christmas is coming and all and AMD's phenoms are coming (not saying there in the price range- but normally all the stuff before it gets dropped in price around the same time)

Yea, the soonest I would be purchasing would be around late november-early december. But assuming all prices drop equally, an assessment can still be made.

I'd say that if you will overclock choose Intel, if not - well then it's AMD. Intel overclocks better and at this point is better against AMD but AMD is cheaper and at the same price is better than Intel (not overclocked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom